Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Seashell12

Skin Picking On The Regimen

I have been on the regimen for a few months and have cleared a lot, but I still get inflamed zits regularly. I know on the regimen I can still be breaking out a bit, but i'm also a skin picker. My acne would not be bad and neither would my red marks if I didn't pick. Could I still be breaking out this far into the regimen because of my skin picking? Also, do red marks stay longer for anyone on the regimen? Because mine seem to be so much worse.

Skin picking can aggravate acne and make it worse. If you have an itch, gently flick the area rather than pick, rub etc.

Benzoyl Peroxide - the chemical used in the treatment can pro-long read marks, and make them more distinct.

I agree that BP seems to prolong the fading of red marks, but I figure that if we can stop getting the acne in the first place, than worrying about red marks healing will be a thing of the past. Oooh yeah.

Thanks for the responses. I'm having so much trouble stopping the picking cycle, because it's hard to judge how the regimen is working for me when i'm constantly creating horrible scabs and new red marks.