Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyjoe

Hw Long Does Differin Or Tretinoin Take To Get Rid Of Old Red Marks/pih

i have 3 weeks of accutane left and acne is gone but i have bunch of pih marks/red marks from old acne on my forehead. it is mild/moderate

derm said a month off accutane i will be given a cream (he said either tretinoin or differin i cant remember) to treat the marks

how long will it take for the marks to go away?

thx

Edited by heyjoe

I was on tretinoin plus an antibiotic and evoclin foam and my acne went away after about 4 monthsish. it was moderate acne. It may not be exact time based on tretinoin since I was on other things, but I will say I HIGHLY DOUBT the foam done a single thing lol! The tretinoin will make your face very red and tight for a little bit. I was on the gel.

did it get red of your red acne marks (the red spot a zit leaves once its gone or known here as pih) in that 4 months as well?

Hey there.

It takes awhile, but it does a great job. It really pretty much erases them. I would give it 6 months for total PIH annihilation. But it could be sooner. Be patient and follow the instructions when using the retinoid and you should get great results.

ya cause i start the cream at beginning of december then go to mexico in middle of may so it gives me 5 good months i guess... i really wana tan in mexico without worrying of darkening my pih

heres pics of mine...whats ur guesses on how long?

post-158094-0-71564900-1319089358_thumb.

post-158094-0-57301400-1319089374_thumb.

post-158094-0-71564900-1319089358_thumb.

post-158094-0-57301400-1319089374_thumb.