Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toom

Epiduo With Pics

I made another thread which was far too long and stupid. I also lost the password for that account this will be much more briefer and straight to the point. Using Epiduo every day at night. Pretty embarrassing putting these pics on here, but I figured you guys will understand more than anyone

post-160170-0-92246800-1318683491_thumb.

post-160170-0-76420000-1318683575_thumb.

post-160170-0-73555100-1318683602_thumb.

post-160170-0-49193600-1318683765_thumb.

post-160170-0-81431400-1318684608_thumb.

post-160170-0-76420000-1318683575_thumb.

post-160170-0-73555100-1318683602_thumb.

post-160170-0-81431400-1318684608_thumb.

Edited by Toom

So I don't know what you guys think but I think so far it looks like things have gotten slightly worse. Getting really tempted to quit and try something else!! What do you guys think carry on? The red marks on my face I am pretty sure are going to scar, they are kind of pitted. It sucks because I haven't had anything that I thought might scar up till now

Edited by Toom

hey good luck with your treatmeant, they do say it gets worse before it gets better which from personal experience its true. patience is the key here n its very hard to have that. but ur skin looks good do u have mild to moderate acne?

Hey gems,

Yeah I think so, Its pretty persistent which is the main problem. I used to have worse acne much nodules cysts etc but water seemed to really help that out. These days I get lots of red and since Epiduo I have started getting Cysts again. Hadn't had them in about 1.5 years! It sucks but I will keep at it, hoping things get better.

Please give it a little longer than 2 months! I saw no results until week 10 and didn't see full results for about four months. But my results have been great now!

Please give it a little longer than 2 months! I saw no results until week 10 and didn't see full results for about four months. But my results have been great now!

Was it getting worse for you in the initial stages lilah? If it gets progressively worse all the way up to 2 months I really think I will struggle to carry on. If it gets any better though I will definitely continue to use

I have some new pics to update but It won't let me upload it says I have used 3.90MB out of 3.91MB global? Does that mean I can't upload anymore pictures?

My face has rapidly improved over the last 2 days, not sure if its the epiduo or something else, (I changed a few things over the last few days) have pics to upload but it wont let me..

Keep updating! I'm doing the Epiduo thing too. Don't give up. Retinoids work with skin cell turnover which takes 3 months (12 weeks). It's better to break out while clearing up, then break out in vain, And no worries, you're still cute with a couple red marks.

Retin-A took 2-3 months to work for me. The first 2 months (February & March 2011) were absolutely miserable. I almost lost hope. But after the 3 month mark it got progressively better (:

Keep updating! I'm doing the Epiduo thing too. Don't give up. Retinoids work with skin cell turnover which takes 3 months (12 weeks). It's better to break out while clearing up, then break out in vain, And no worries, you're still cute with a couple red marks.

Retin-A took 2-3 months to work for me. The first 2 months (February & March 2011) were absolutely miserable. I almost lost hope. But after the 3 month mark it got progressively better (:

Hey trying to update but it says I have used all my file limit Lol? Anyone got any advice on that? Anyways is anyone is actually following this, my skin got really good for a few days and then relapsed abit. But looking back at these pics I think Epiduo made things better overall. Anyways still using it been about 3 weeks now.

glad everything looking good smile.png I wish I was the same lol... what did u add to ur routine?

Hey I'm still not sure if it has worked or not. Somedays I think it is looking better but somedays not.. Anyways all I do is 2 litres of water a day, minimal caffeine/alcohol (I don't think that effects it, and I try not to do anything sexually.

With the cream just use enough to lightly cover your face and wash first I use cetaphil and then moisturise.

I have noticed I have good skin in the morning but bad just before I go to bed, I only use Epiduo at night so now I am going to try it 2x a day and hope my face doesn't dry out too much. Again I have pics but it won't let me upload. Any advice?

Edited by Toom

I don't know about the file limit... I've ran into that problem too. Hopefully a moderator will see this and help out.

I used aczone/epiduo and after about 3 months I was almost completely clear... I started with mild acne. First three weeks or so my skin got a little worse and a little redder, but it started getting noticeably clearer at about week 5-6, then it just took another month or so to clear up. I think if you stick with it for 2 months like you said in an earlier post you will start to see improvement.

I usually post then edit again n I post my pictures but thats from my phone. I think I am using to many products my face is dry n tight. I think its the acanya n bp 10%. im start using purpose in the morning n acanya. Purpose n ram at night do u use lotion before or after puting epiduo? my skin looks good at night n shitty durning the day lol. also no sexual active really I would be suffering.

I don't know about the file limit... I've ran into that problem too. Hopefully a moderator will see this and help out.

I used aczone/epiduo and after about 3 months I was almost completely clear... I started with mild acne. First three weeks or so my skin got a little worse and a little redder, but it started getting noticeably clearer at about week 5-6, then it just took another month or so to clear up. I think if you stick with it for 2 months like you said in an earlier post you will start to see improvement.

Yeah my skin is pretty good at the moment. I have red marks but no new anything. Still unsure with the picture thing but I guess I will try using another site to host it. Whats Aczone by the way? Is it any good?

I usually post then edit again n I post my pictures but thats from my phone. I think I am using to many products my face is dry n tight. I think its the acanya n bp 10%. im start using purpose in the morning n acanya. Purpose n ram at night do u use lotion before or after puting epiduo? my skin looks good at night n shitty durning the day lol. also no sexual active really I would be suffering.

Hey,

Maybe the 10% Bp is too strong? I use lotion after epiduo, but just a little bit because I hate the feeling of my face being oily and I touch my face much less if it feels clean. Whats Ancanya and Purpose/Ram?

And yeah no sexual activity took some practice but I don't have a girlfriend anymore. And I have been getting better and better and not doing anything myself. Been about a week now. It's not for everyone but I have tracked how it affects my skin for a long time and I literally break out the day after. I'm majoring in Chemistry so trust me when I say I have considered all other variables here. If I didn't have to do it I wouldn't, really it sucks and if you don't see any improvement over 2 days of absteining you probably don't have the same problem I do.

hey theres this thing on ur profile that u can delete the storage u have of ur pictures. click on ur name and there should be something that says my settings or my content its one of those..glad everything look good :)

Edited by gems2889

I found a way to embed them.. Okay so this was approximately day 20 and was a high point for me. Got here combining lots of water, change in diet (not extreme), epiduo and no sexual anything for about 8 days I believe at this pic. Most of the red marks on my forehead here are just leftover scars and hyperpigmentation which I will have to also try and deal with at some point.

1000070t.jpg

I then regressed on the nothing sexual thing quite badly and my skin took the hit. Approx Day 35 for both the below pics

1000084z.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1000085il.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Toom

acanya is bp and antibotic , purpose is a gentle cleasner, ram is retina a micro %1. thats all the crap im using lol. the bp 10% is to stong but I use it to contrtol the oil. im so glad my face is less oily now. but im cutting down on that bc it does over dry my skin. I touch my face to much I have to stop doing that. I could go some weeks without any but hmm I would have naughty dreams so yeah thats a hard one.congrats on going a week without handling the deed ur self. if I had a jank I dont think I could lmao. ur majoring in chemistry thats cool. how old r u?

Edited by gems2889

Hey Toom, I was in the same boat as you, with my skin rapidly worsening when I first started using Epiduo. Hell. It took about three weeks before I started noticing a difference, and then it took a month and a half to really see improvement. The retinoid in it seems to help with some of the scarring though, which is great (although unfortunately not the "ice-pick" ones, yet).

Okay your latest photo looks heaps better (Wow that's a lot of product in your hair mate! blink.png ), your skin is healing really well! Awesome. What day of treatment is this?

You're doing the abstinence thing too? Ouch. I know we don't know much about how hormones influence the skin, but I can't get my head around how it would impact the skin so quickly (i.e. the next day or two), since it generally takes 6 to 8 weeks for any biochemical changes to occur (so they tell me, anyway)!

EDIT Approx day 45

Getting a little confused about the timeline but I will try figure it out tommorow anyways this pic is from today. Still not as good as that high point above. Nothing sexual for about 5 days here. Notice my chin isn't great in the last few pics. I tried Epiduo 2x per day which was too much and dried up especially my chin. Im stopping that now as when I had the good results I was only on 1x per day. Im so glad I took these pics as it helps to narrow in on what works, and I didn't realise my skin was good at that point until I now look back and

I will do a summary of what I have learnt from Epiduo so other people don't have to make the same mistakes and put it in the 1st post.

acanya is bp and antibotic , purpose is a gentle cleasner, ram is retina a micro %1. thats all the crap im using lol. the bp 10% is to stong but I use it to contrtol the oil. im so glad my face is less oily now. but im cutting down on that bc it does over dry my skin. I touch my face to much I have to stop doing that. I could go some weeks without any but hmm I would have naughty dreams so yeah thats a hard one.congrats on going a week without handling the deed ur self. if I had a jank I dont think I could lmao. ur majoring in chemistry thats cool. how old r u?

Edited by Toom

toom do u pick at ur pimples? if u do dont at all cause. I have a lot of marks bc of that. its not cute walking around with s nice whitehead on u but the aftermath is not worth It.

Edited by gems2889