Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lynn1511

What Type Of Treatment Should I Use?

so basically, i just moved to the States from a tropical country. it's been four months and my skin is horrible. I've never had this problem before I moved to the states (just occasional acne during "that time of the month") my acne is the worst it has ever been and i cant bear to look at the mirror. i just switched to using BP medicated face wash, its been a week and it hasnt improved yet.

Anybody have any suggestions on what treatments are most effective in dealing with these type of acne? thank you! im tired of it its been too long.

Now:

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n599/lynn1511/Photoon10-13-11at100PM2.jpg

Before:

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n599/lynn1511/309847_10150836465410037_821795036_21047842_277562012_n.jpg

You could try Duac Gel which contains 5% BP and 1% clindamycin. It's a pretty good gel, it also smoothens your skin with the process of drying up acne.

If in the end you found no improvement, go to a dermatologist who can prescribe you something that's just right for you.

Guest Timehealsall

stay away from the chemicals IMO. Asses what has changed by moving from the tropical area to the states.

Is it the water you put on your face? The food you are eating?

Any new cleansers/washes u have been using besides the bp wash?

thanks for the reply! i will look in the duac gel!

@Timehealsall - at first i thought that my skin needed to adjust to the dry californian weather, and i used my NuSkin Cleanser (which i have been using for more than 3 years and kept me clear). I've bought some natural treatment options (giovanni, dermae) but i think they were all too weak to work as i didnt see any improvement in the next few months, so i decided to try something harsher (the BP wash). this is the only time i changed cleanser during the whole four months.

My diet is healthier than before i believe. I eat more fresh fruits/veggies with the very occasional takeouts. I would think my face would be clearer here due to cleaner air and water in comparison to South East Asia.

What other effective natural treatment do you suggest? Or is seeing a dermatologist my best option?

A week is not nearly enough time to see results from any form of treatment. Try Dan's Regimen.

Edited by 95tomwest