Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amy91

I Need An Advice About My Diet.

Well there body is not working properly if it's unable to produce lactase enzymes or in sufficient quantity. You can suffer from lactase deficiency if you avoid milk, as your body learns that it doesn't need to produce it.. however if you re-introduce milk slowly your body picks up on it and reactivates the lactase production.

Eat dark chocolate! but make sure its over 70 percent cocoa. The higher the better. I eat the ''Lindt Excellence'' 85 percent dark chocolate. It has tons of antioxidants and it comes at 230 calories and 18grams of good fat per 4 squares. I have some for dessert most days, it also helps that it is gluten and dairy free. I highly recommend it!

It doesn't have to be the Lindt excellence kind either, just make sure its a quality

Also I know exactly what you mean! I was a 15year old 5ft 2 male at 89 pounds. :(

I'm now 17 at 109 and growing. :D

Like I said I can eat anything I want during the "normal days" and I won't break out. BUT near to those days everythng I eat or drink breaks me out, I guess I will still get pimples at that time even during a fasting. So it's hormonal mess going on.

No, and no.

All 3 of those foods has been eaten for a very long time. Though they can be difficult to digest, eating them doesn't cause acne in a healthy body.

Edited by amy91

fuckedupgutitus heh. Basically the issue resides in the gut. There is a genetic factor, perhaps even epi-genetic in nature but I would say it's more associated with the response to such a situation. Each body reacts a certain way to certain conditions - in our case acne. Whereas someone else in the same shoes may not have acne but have other skin issues, autoimmune and beyond. the digestive tract is the largest organ in the body, and has the most surface area (I believe).. so correcting things takes time, and the more direct your treatment the better the results.

Edited by moonbase

Spiro is not useless. It competes at the androgen receptor. Androgens react with the androgen receptors in sebaceous glands to produce oil. However as time goes you may notice it gets less and less effective.

The idea is to control your hormones by repairing you body with easy to digest foods. What you need to do, if your not looking to follow a strict diet is just eat well, and eat a lot of it. My recommendations are strict only for the sake of repairing your body effectively and quickly while limiting acne as drastically as possible. If you eat well but less strict, you may still have acne but it will retard in a more gradual manner.

Lots of fruits, veggies, sweet potatoes, yams, fish, chicken, beef, lamb, whatever. Hell, eating some wheat, and soy wont be the end of the world either. Dairy is the only one i'd recommend avoiding like the plague as the lactose in it wont be digested by anything but your bad microbes. Just keep it simple, and eat 4 large meals a day.

to aid things you can take a digestive enzyme (enzymedia makes quality products) Personal favourite: http://www.iherb.com...sules/3607?at=0

Bottom line here is you need to be consuming large quantities of good whole nutritious food. Stop stressing and start eating!!!

Edited by moonbase

I guess when it comes to curing acne there should be different approaches.

1. Healthy diet

2. Oral Meds

3. Topicals and daily routine

Diet is not enough I guess, or it will take TOO much time to see results, but eating well, taking some oral meds and follow right regimen will help to manage acne.

P.S It's difficult to imagine how diet will cure hormonal breakouts ( that appear like by clock. on a cerain time of the month).

I need some powerful way to gain 10 pounds without getting ne breakouts. It seems like I cannot folllow any diet on this message board, becoz they simply do not provide enough calories, they just make u lose weight. If I need to get 3500 calories a day, then how am I suppose to do it with these fruit-veggy based diets?I think it's not possible.

Ok ok,I'll give you some tips. I have been looking for foods that are calorie dense and won't aggravate acne. Here are some that I found that are working well for me so far.

-Sweet potatoes (yams also work but not as good)

-Steel Cut oats (not any other kind of oats. I eat a shit ton of this)

-Legumes (chick peas, black beans)

-Protein Powder

-Certain nuts (macadamia nuts, walnuts. Macadamia are the best but expensive,extremely calorie dense though)

-Coconut Oil. Very good for adding calories extremely cleanly. Low in omega 6, all saturated fats (good). Good for bulking.

What I've been doing lately to bulk is been making "weight gainer" shakes. I sort of combined common calorie dense ingredients with vegetables. I put frozen spinach (buy lots when its on sale in the frozen blocks), frozen peas, frozen green beans, frozen blueberries, nuts, steel cut oats, Stevia to sweeten (highly recommended), shredded coconut, and a scoop of protein powder(which is flavoured already with stevia. tastes so good). Ends up being about 1000 calories and I split it into two drinks that I have throughout the day.Tastes like icecream.

Thanks for your renponse, Coleb!smile.png

I am going to try all of your diets, and hopefully they will help to put some weight on my bones.

Oh, and I've got a question about tomatoes. Are they safe to eat in your everyday diet? 'Cuz I like making scrambled eggs with tomatoes.

Edited by amy91

I've done some research about eggs. But I got more confused. So is it safe to eat eggs( boiled, raw or scrambled)? I eat eggs just twice a week. I eat hard boild eggs for a breakfast and I might make scrambled eggs with 1 egg for a lunch. I am still wondering if it's safe! Eggs considered dairy,and since dairy should be cut out from my diet........

PLS,anyone, give me some advice about this. I don't know if it's different for everyone, 'cuz some pple say that they are fine with eggs, some are not.

so CAN EGGS CAUSE ACNE?

Edited by amy91

I eat eggs just twice a week. I either eat boild egg ( yes,just 1),either an omelette ( made from 1 egg again and with lots of vegies).Or maybe it's safe to consume in moderation?

Since I eat not just eggs, I don't figure out whether it cause acne or doesn't. ................eusa_think.gifeusa_think.gifeusa_think.gif

Actually everyone has different reactions on certain foods,that is why I guess there is no asnwer to my question. There is no food that causes acne for everyone, some pple will say that they're fine with that anyways. So it's pretty complicated. I've been reading about egg-acne relation, and I found 50% negative and 50% positivce responses about eggs. Confusing and annoying, since eggs are almost in every food and they are full of vitamins and protein and they are SO yummy ( they are also perfect breakfast or lunch for me).

Edited by amy91

If your concerned about how these foods that get different responses in different people affect you, then try going on an elimination/hypoallergenic diet. It's pretty trying but the only other way I know of besides taking an allergy test.

No, and no.

All 3 of those foods has been eaten for a very long time. Though they can be difficult to digest, eating them doesn't cause acne in a healthy body.

Long time? Uhh no. They haven't been eaten for a long time, because for a longer time, humans did not have the resources necessary to process and eat those foods. It was only since the advent of modern agriculture that we've been able to eat those foods.

I eat eggs just twice a week. I either eat boild egg ( yes,just 1),either an omelette ( made from 1 egg again and with lots of vegies).Or maybe it's safe to consume in moderation?

Since I eat not just eggs, I don't figure out whether it cause acne or doesn't. ................eusa_think.gifeusa_think.gifeusa_think.gif

Actually everyone has different reactions on certain foods,that is why I guess there is no asnwer to my question. There is no food that causes acne for everyone, some pple will say that they're fine with that anyways. So it's pretty complicated. I've been reading about egg-acne relation, and I found 50% negative and 50% positivce responses about eggs. Confusing and annoying, since eggs are almost in every food and they are full of vitamins and protein and they are SO yummy ( they are also perfect breakfast or lunch for me).

Some people are allergic to eggs. Unless you're allergic or intolerant to them, there's no reason to avoid them. They're an extremely nutritious and versatile food.

Just make sure you're getting free-range organic eggs if possible.

Long time? Uhh no. They haven't been eaten for a long time, because for a longer time, humans did not have the resources necessary to process and eat those foods. It was only since the advent of modern agriculture that we've been able to eat those foods.

Well.. I would consider 10,000 years quite awhile. I do however agree with your thinking, and personally I do not believe in eating them. If I do eat them I opt for them to be traditionally processed (fermentation - sour leavening - you get the idea) With that said... 99% of people around the world eat them and not everyone who consumes them has acne which leads me to believe that in a healthy functioning digestive tract they can indeed be utilized for fuel - albeit nutritionally bankrupt fuel.

Approximately for 4-5 months I didn't eat any eggs. At that I wasn't taking Spiro yet, but nothing has changed. So I guess eggs are fine for me. And I consume it in moderation.

I got a list of foods that MIGHT break me out and might not. But I would like to know it for sure without trials and errors, without new breakouts caused by them. Here's the list:

1. Eggs ( scrambled,boiled, raw)

2. Dark chocolate

3. Corn

4. Almond milk or coconut milk

5. Oatmeals

6. Granola bars

7. Tomatoes

Which food might break me out from this list? Please respond!wink.png

Edited by amy91

I got a list of foods that MIGHT break me out and might not. But I would like to know it for sure without trials and errors, without new breakouts caused by them. Here's the list:

1. Eggs ( scrambled,boiled, raw)

2. Dark chocolate

3. Corn

4. Almond milk or coconut milk

5. Oatmeals

6. Granola bars

7. Tomatoes

Which food might break me out from this list? Please respond!wink.png

idk about fresh corn, but I tend to stay away from all corn products. Some people have an intolerance to eggs, only way to know for sure is go on an elimination diet or get allergy tested. Everything else is okay in moderation, check the sugar content/ingredients of your granola bars. Eat more fruits and veggies!!!!

Well.. I would consider 10,000 years quite awhile. I do however agree with your thinking, and personally I do not believe in eating them. If I do eat them I opt for them to be traditionally processed (fermentation - sour leavening - you get the idea) With that said... 99% of people around the world eat them and not everyone who consumes them has acne which leads me to believe that in a healthy functioning digestive tract they can indeed be utilized for fuel - albeit nutritionally bankrupt fuel.

Something else to consider though, is that the damage from those foods doesn't present as acne in everyone. A lot of people get diabetes, cancers, other things from food like gluten, plus all else that we've yet to discover about it and how it effects our bodies. So the fact that some people eat bad stuff and don't get acne is in no way an indicator of how healthy it is

Edited by DejaClaireVoyant

Something else to consider though, is that the damage from those foods doesn't present as acne in everyone. A lot of people get diabetes, cancers, other things from food like gluten, plus all else that we've yet to discover about it and how it effects our bodies. So the fact that some people eat bad stuff and don't get acne is in no way an indicator of how healthy it is

Very well said!

Edited by OlympusMons