Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ab85

Face Is Always So Red, Is It Rosacea?

My skin is so sensitive to any product I use. It seems to get irritated every time I cleanse, but also gets irritated if I go too long without cleansing. I've used tretinoin, clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide, AHAs, BHAs, and nothing has ever gotten it 100% clear.

Currently I am fed up with using so many products and am just washing with Cetaphil antibacterial bar, no treatment or moisturizer. I shave using a disposable two-blade razor using lather from the bar (shaving is another double edged sword as of course it irritates me, but any facial hair growth will pool tons of excess oil and cause breakouts). Literally nothing ever touches my face but the Cetaphil. I wanted to get a baseline for how my face looks just washing 2x a day and doing nothing else.

I took a pic about an hour after I shower. As you can see, my skin is an absolute mess. I get oily immediately and my skin stays beet red. I got a huge deep whitehead on my nose that never came to a head but just turned my entire nose bright red for several days now.

I'm not even sure what to classify this as. Is it rosacea or acne? How do I even begin to treat it? I feel like I'm back at square one. I'm a simple guy who likes to keep everything minimal. I really don't want to have to rub multiple creams into my face everyday. I don't even care about having perfect skin. I just don't want to have terrible skin. Anyone by chance find this picture to look familiar to them and have some recommendations?

http://imgur.com/a/kouGB

Hey! I have some similar redness on my cheeks and nose. I've never had this before my acne but I think what caused my redness is due to tretinoin. I'm still searching for an answer to my redness...... I feel your pain! D:

I wish someone knowledgeable or someone with a similar problem could share some advice because I get the same redness on the front of my cheeks and my nose. It is SO annoying. Some days I wake up and my skin looks perfect with no redness, then other days its really red for no reason.

Hey, by looking at your picture it seems you have acne. and It's irritated which is why it's red. I would recommend "aveeno daily moisturizing lotion" here's a link http://www.aveeno.com/skincare/products/daily-moisturizing-lotion

It works terrific, it doesn't irritate your skin at all and absorbs fast. I think you're oily because your skin is dry so give this moisturizer a week or two and see if there's a difference. You can get it at Walmart for like 10$

You can try the moisturizer out see if it calms it, you can also check out " calamine lotion" it reliefs skin irritation, not sure if it has any effects on red skin though but it's like 2 $ for a whole bottle and works really well on cysts!