Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
je87nn

2 Or 3 Pumps?

Hello all! I just started the regimen this past Saturday with Dan's products (the cleanser, the BP, and the moisturizer). When I got the products, there was a little guide inside on the steps to follow when doing the regimen. I'm a bit confused because on the guide that I received with the products, it says to use 2 pumps of everything, but on the website, under "Get clear" and then "Start here", Dan says to use 3 pumps of everything. Is it because the bottles have changed that the amount of pumps needed has changed as well? As it is, I'm only using 1 pump of the cleanser because I find that it lathers just as well with 1 pump as it does with 2, I'm using a little less than 1 pump of the BP (since it's my first week), and I'm using two pumps of the moisturizer (with 2 drops of jojoba oil at night because I'm using this store bought organic jojoba oil that dispenses a lot of jojoba oil for each pump).

Thank you in advance for your feedback! :)

That's a good question. I started yesterday and have been following the instructions that were shipped with the kit.

There are 2 types of pumps right now.

Type 1 - tall, skinny, small - the head of the pump is smaller than a quarter, the shaft of the pump is tall and skinny. These pumps use TWO squirts.

Type 2 - short, fat - the head of the pump is bigger than a quarter, the shaft is short. These pumps use THREE squirts.

They are in the process of phasing out the type 2 pumps in favor of the type 1 pumps which is why there are conflicts all around the website at the moment.

The way I think of it in my head is there's the old new pumps (which are type 1, they're the original ones and were brought back) and the new old pumps (which are type 2, and are now not in use). Just to confuse you more :) it makes me smile to describe them like that though tinydan.gif

Yeah the whole 2 vs 3 pump confused the hell out of me, because everywhere on the website said 3 pumps, but i used to do the regimen and 3 pumps of bp and moisturizer seemed RIDICULOUS lol. Thanks for this thread, it really cleared the issue up. I just checked my bottles (which are brand new, i got them the other day), and on the instructions they say "apply two pumps". So that proves Nyanyan is right :)

They really have to change the website instructions! I guess if they're lazy they can just pin this post lol

Ya Dan should make new videos and new instructions for the products. Hey Max is the moisturizer turning your skin yellow? Im definitely rubbing it in fully and its leaving a yellow tint, it look like i have yellow jaundice its not a good look and thats only using one pump. Been on the regimen since monday.

Hey there fellow DKR follower :). Its actually not making my skin yellow at all. Are you using extra jojoba oil with it? I have been using two pumps and add like 3 drops in the morning and 7 at night, not only does it moisturize more but I feel like it helps it rub into my skin. I am white and have a pretty fair skin tone. Try using extra jojoba oil and see if it works!

Edited by Maximus Decimus Merideous

Ya Dan should make new videos and new instructions for the products. Hey Max is the moisturizer turning your skin yellow? Im definitely rubbing it in fully and its leaving a yellow tint, it look like i have yellow jaundice its not a good look and thats only using one pump. Been on the regimen since monday.

Have you thought about shaking your bottle? I know it's kinda a weird thought but it just occurred to me that maybe your bottle is in need of mixing or something. Because it is odd that it's "staining" your face. I mean yeah it turns my face kinda yellow but it washes out when I cleanse but from reading your other post I saw that it doesn't even wash off much.

Have you thought about shaking your bottle? I know it's kinda a weird thought but it just occurred to me that maybe your bottle is in need of mixing or something. Because it is odd that it's "staining" your face. I mean yeah it turns my face kinda yellow but it washes out when I cleanse but from reading your other post I saw that it doesn't even wash off much.

The past few days it seems to be washing off ok, i think my skin just needed to get used to it. It would be perfect if it was white though because its seems like a perfect moisturizer, its light it goes on real smoothly. I just know its not gonna break me out like other moisturizers do. Everything cant be perfect though. Its obviously going to leave a yellowness on my skin by the colour of it so it will have to do. Thanks for the suggestions and replies though.