Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im an 18 year old guy, have suffered from bad skin for about 2 years.

In the past week, my skin has suddenly just become clear. The odd mark hear and there from past pimples, and an occasional small whitehead, but so much better than its been!

Here's what ive been dping recently:

Using lemon juice as a topical treatment, applying about twice a day, fish oil capsule once a day, started taking oxytetracycline again (ive been on it before, but it didnt help too much) and have been for about a week, exercising regularly, not dieting at all (ive actually been eating terribly, im on a strict budget as ive just started uni, so its been ready meals, noodles and pasta), no soaps/cleansers etc. just cold water wash, and regular warm water showers, and have had very little sleep recently.

So why the heck is my skin clearing up??

Im thinking it could be the oxytetracycline, but then again, that didnt work for me before, and ive only been taking it for a week

Ive tried pretty much every treatment, over the counter and prescriptions, ive actually just been referred to a dermatologist by my GP.

Im terrified that my skin is suddenly just going to breakout again, like ive said, this is the clearest ive been for 2 years!

Maybe my hormones are just sorting out? Here's to hoping!!

Any responses would be appreciated. Please someone tell me that one day there teenage acne just vanished and never returned :)

My skin did exactly the same thing (I went to Uni and was on Oxytet too). Eventually it became less effective. Now I am off the antibiotics and my skin is usually clear.

Guest Timehealsall

how long do you keep the lemon juice on for?

You could be one of the lucky ones where acne disappears once you get older. I think that it happened to my brother also. He had terrible acne like I do but became clear around the age of 16.

I know lots and lots of guys I went to high school with who had pretty bad skin but have perfectly fine skin now. :) My boyfriend got spots up until he was 18 and now he doesn't really get anything aside from the occasional one because he puts so much crap in his hair (at least that's my theory :P ). Sometimes you just grow out of it! I think guys are more likely to have it go away on its own than girls because we continue to have ridiculous hormone fluctuations for most of our lives... yay. :lol:

I know lots and lots of guys I went to high school with who had pretty bad skin but have perfectly fine skin now. smile.png My boyfriend got spots up until he was 18 and now he doesn't really get anything aside from the occasional one because he puts so much crap in his hair (at least that's my theory tongue.png ). Sometimes you just grow out of it! I think guys are more likely to have it go away on its own than girls because we continue to have ridiculous hormone fluctuations for most of our lives... yay. lol.gif

I think thats the theory im going to take.

My bad skins clearly caused by messed up hormones, because ive tried pretty much everything else and seen no effect.

Dont want to be happy too soon though, i'll give it a month or so before i start believing hah!

You could be one of the lucky ones where acne disappears once you get older. I think that it happened to my brother also. He had terrible acne like I do but became clear around the age of 16.

that would be awesome! Just about had enough of bad skin