Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarlet_leaf

Spearmint Tea Vs Green Tea

I've been thinking about drinking 4 cups of tea daily. Green tea is an anti-androgen, but so is spearmint tea. Which anti-androgen is better: green tea or spearmint? Is it better to drink 2 cups spearmint and 2 cups green tea, or 4 cups green tea or 4 cups spearmint? (Or another combination?) Anyone tried this combo?

I've been thinking about drinking 4 cups of tea daily. Green tea is an anti-androgen, but so is spearmint tea. Which anti-androgen is better: green tea or spearmint? Is it better to drink 2 cups spearmint and 2 cups green tea, or 4 cups green tea or 4 cups spearmint? (Or another combination?) Anyone tried this combo?

If you go with green tea, I'd go for decaffeinated green tea. Personally, I fluctuate between Dandelion, Peppermint, and Echinacea tea.

White tea! I know you didn't mention it but it's even better for you than green tea, and has naturally almost no caffeine. I haven't tried spearmint but I drink a lot of green tea and notice more of an improvement while drinking it. I'd say go 2 cups green 2 spearmint, that way you get benefits of both. Green has so many antioxidants (although white has more).

White tea! I know you didn't mention it but it's even better for you than green tea, and has naturally almost no caffeine. I haven't tried spearmint but I drink a lot of green tea and notice more of an improvement while drinking it. I'd say go 2 cups green 2 spearmint, that way you get benefits of both. Green has so many antioxidants (although white has more).

I'm surprised that white tea doesn't have more positive reviews on the acne.org reviews page! It might be because white tea supposedly tastes horrible and is more expensive. Anyway, I'll consider doing the 2/2 combo. Or doing some other combo. Ergh, there are so many teas and so many combinations, it's very hard to choose the "right" one...

White tea is definitely more expensive, and to be honest I have never tried pure white tea. There is a HUGE loose leaf tea store in the mall I work in called Teaopia and they carry all kinds of yummy white tea flavoured with plant and fruit pieces. Their strawberry fields, superberry white, and simply mango are all absolutely delicious. You can order off their website too! They also have wellness blends, green tea, roobios tea, oolong tea, yerba mate, black tea. I just picked up a dandelion leaf tea today actually.

I think I'll have to try white tea one day.. But right now I drink 2-4 cups of green tea every day. I prefer the republic of tea's green tea, but there are a couple of other brands I've tried that taste pretty good too.

Sometimes, If I want something different, I drink chamomile or red tea.

Unfortunately I cannot stand the taste of fruity or minty teas sad.png

Edited by SanaxRadiance

Iced tea is a great option especially when you are feeling the need for something besides plain water! Man, I still miss Coca Cola! Oh well, you have to sacrifice somethings for clear skin!