Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daggs

Miracle In A Bottle - Salycic Acid Peel - For Leftover Marks

At a time in my battle I was at a point where the war was basically over. No more fighting, no more conflict. All that was left was the clean up and damage control. Of course I'm not talking about a war, or and physical confrontation for that matter, but my face. And when I refer to "clean up and damage control" I obviously mean my red marks.

What worked for me: No, not donations from foreign countries, or hundreds of volunteers, but a salycic acid chemical peel. And there is good news. This peel did not require hundreds of dollars or for you to use any of your sick days. Instead, try around 17$ and a good night of sleep. Here is the link.

http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sbs_bt1

It works, but be sure to follow included instructions TO THE LETTER. I didn't a couple of times, and I ended up with terrible burn marks on my face. But don't let this defer you. If used as instructed, this product will WORK WONDERS! Trust me, it did for me. Don't believe me? Do your own research, read reviews, look up information on it. And then decide. But I urge you, because if I can convince at least one person to try it, at least it will be one more person without red marks on their face.

I don't have any before pics, but I can take a couple after shots. I know I must sound like an advertisment, but there is just no other way for me to try to get people to try it.

did you try/research TCA, glycolic or lactic peels at all?

i had the impression salicyclic peels were more for active acne.

Did you use the 20%?

What were the things you did wrong at the beginning?

And are you sure you can't find any before shots? Check old photos on facebook or your phone?

glycolic acid is stronger and i've had 2 treatmets so far (meant to have 7 treatments) it has done nothing for me so far. i've also used a 50% lactic acid peel and that hardly did anything. But my red marks are little indented yours might not be. but glycolic acid is meant to be better for red marks and its not working for me. I also use a 15% glycolic night crea, for bout 4 weeks and its hardly done anything. If your red marks are not that severe then it may work for you but i doubt it will work for me

No, I did not research or try TCA, glycolic or lactic peels. At this point in time, I was thinking "17$, what do I have to lose?" And as for salycic acid being for active acne, as a measure to prevent acne, salycic acid never really did much for me. And when I used the peel on active pimples (inadvertantly) it did not seem to do anything, positively or negatively.

I did use the 20%, and in the beginning I learned that when the peel is on your skin there is a difference between tingling and burning. While starting out I did not understand that, and i got some horrible red burn marks running down my cheeks. Also, usually around every three or so weeks my skin completely renews itself. Unfortunately by flaking and peeling. But if this happens to you, wait until AFTER your skin peels. Or else it will be easier for your skin to burn. But the directions that were included with the bottle were pretty specific.

Trust me, this was a time where I was just getting over my skin. No pictures, anywhere. I even paid extra to have my yearbook picture edited.

To the last poster, you are right. Mine were not indented. But you say that you were meant to have seven treatments. Even in my case, it sometimes took three or four treatments to rid a stubborn spot (which by the sound of it, seems like most of yours are). So I urge you, if you are not going to try this peel, at least get the full round of treatments, because you might see a difference.

Any more questions? I am happy to help.

Yeah, pics or it didn't happen.

But anyways, I tried TCA before and it really helps fade new brown marks. Whenever I get a leftover mark from a pimple, I apply the liquid, wait about a week and it peels right off. As for old marks, I can't say yet.