Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spacemind

Roaccutane Log - Polymorphic, Cystic Predominant Acne (+Pics)

Hello there,

I never though I would arrive to this point but you'll find out why.

Long story short : been suffering since 10th grade, I'm now 2nd year in college. I have them all over my face and they're absolutely horrible but I always had a positive attitude, and they never brought me down.

Social effects : lots of friends , only girl problems, I don't want them to be with me looking like that, so I don't bother trying.

Psychological : at first I had a negative attitude towards them, but then I shifted my mindset : this acne will disappear this is just a test for my patience, my perseverance, my character,personality and if I get out from this successfully, I will become unstoppable and I will have learned a valuable lesson that some people don't learn in a lifetime. "Don't give a fuck about what others think" , "See any problem as a challenge." . Honestly, viewing things positively not only helps your ENTIRE LIFE but it will help acne getting better. Getting rid of acne will also help me make a great lifestyle, a lifestyle that will push me above all the mediocre minds that surround me. And for you that feel sorry for yourself I have only one advice : are those little bumps/pimples stronger than you ? FUCK NO!!!!

My face got clear 80% in 3 weeks by quitting smoking, using urine (topical in the morning and leaving it for an hour, yes it works ! and it's not gross at all, everything is in your head), mild cleanser, 3x cod liver fish oil daily, great healthy diet, exercise daily.

Yes IT GOT CLEARED that well and now you might ask why I'm still here, well to be honest I'm thinking in terms of statistics and I've taken the advice of my dermatologist which is a very good one with a lot of awards, experience and stuff and he told me only in 10% of the cases cystic acne disappears spontaneously. I don't want to risk this anymore and I reached 20 years, a point where my body is strong and healthy and can take about anything.

I did blood analysis, he was amazed of how healthy I was so I started yesterday taking Roaccutane (from Roche).

I have 167 lbs (76 kg) 5.9 (1.80m)

This month 20mg / daily. Next month he said 30mg, we'll see.

Day 1 : Nothing, everything was ok.

Day 2 : Two little white heads that disappeared just by scrubbing a little bit with a cotton ball dabbed in hydrogen peroxide, my stomach has sometimes some small aches nothing more than that. I know my body and my mind and the only changes I can notice is that I feel a little bit dizzy ( just a little tiny bit, not mentioning-worthy but hey it's there ) I feel very good, sort of like a very small high kind of thing. Seems like this drug is enhancing the emotional states I'm in ( I might be having the placebo effect ), though I never read anywhere about this. I feel very good and optimistic. Will get back to you soon.

* I'm shall take pictures weekly and post them here.

Day 3: Few cysts, but not on my face, one on the back of my leg (lol), one on my elbow, on on my biceps, and I think one is forming in the back. Face a little bit red, lips a little bit dry.

Mood: Very Good

Side effects: Yesterday I was a bit sleepy, today I don't feel anything.

Day 3 : I started a few hours ago to feel a weakness in my body and muscles, a very small pain in my lower back (noticed while doing my yoga & stretching), I kinda like this small 'high' and relaxation I feel throughout my whole body, it's very relaxing. I think I won't be having problems with sleeping for the next few months, hehe.

What an awesome attitude! I'm getting there. Good luck with Accutane. I've been on it for a little over two months now! Let me know if you have any questions.

Day 5: Everything is just fine, my lips are starting to get drier, but no probs, everything will be ok no matter what. I use moisturizer for face and lips nightly and I take Silimarine for the liver, avoid sugars and fats to keep my triglyceride and colesterol levels in shape.

Mood: Extraordinary .. in a good way that is.

Day 6: All good today, either I'm getting a cold ( I feel my nose either dry or stuffed , I have no idea ) either it's accutane. Lips are drier and drier, face is ok itchy sometimes, nothing to complain, all good.

Day 7: So today I noticed that the pain in the lower back thing is true, I was tying my shoelaces and when I got my back straight I was like "Aaaaarghhhhhh", it was like a canon ball hit me in my lower back, but the pain went away in few mins, so I've noticed that. I still feel my nose stuffed maybe it's the cold maybe it's tane, I have no idea. Enough complaints !! My mood today : Sensational good, as always.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 1 Summary : Everything was extra-fine, started to experience some side effects but normal and 'not so bad' side effects, the idea that I will have a clear face thanks to tane makes me outrageously happy. The fatigue that I've experienced at first went away and I can get back to my daily workout routine.

Edited by spacemind

Day 8 : A few small pimples on my cheek and a new cyst on my face. Side effects today : none, I kinda had to go around and I've been exposed to the sun but fortunately no side effects. I'll try avoiding sun a lot for the next days. My mood today : Good, had a lot of work, been kinda stressed but had fun as well.

Day 9 : On this day I jogged, and it was fine, I felt afterwards a little pain in my lower back but it was ok. My lips start cracking I should use more lip moisturizer. Mood: Very good.

Day 10 : Everything ok, I'm feeling very joyful that the 'pain' and the weakness in my muscles has disappeared, I can do my daily workout routine, and hopefully I can also evolve. I drank today some beer, and by some I mean a lot and I felt like I have some spikes in my liver. So alcohol, goodbye for at least another 4 months. Mood : Very optimistic.

Day 11 : Lips drier and drier, face drier and drier, nothing to worry. Was able to jog as long as I wanted without feeling any "inconveniences". Mood : Awesome.

Day 12 : The same old samo, dry lips, dry face. Sometimes itchy head, but not so bad. Very stressful day.

Edited by spacemind

Really glad u have a positive mind set. :) I was really miserable past two months becoz my cyst is freaking bad!!! it is more than one inche long and it is recurring. Had injection on it alot of times! And nw scab and gt scars.. Ugly!! But will hang on. Just hold it will recover this time round.

Hope u will be ok too!! All the best. :)

It's Day 17 : I haven't written because there was nothing special to say, it's like almost I don't take accutane, I don't have any side effects except , chopped lips, dehydrated skin, I had one nose bleed ( very minor one ), maybe some muscle pains ( but I workout daily and it I don't feel it no more )

I wanna make a quick reminder : What accutane will give me and why do I do this treatment ? Beside the fact it will give me an ultra clear face 100% no doubt, it will show me how powerful I am, I went through the hell of a fight with acne as a fighter and came out a champion, because as you may now it ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep on moving forward, and I keep moving forward, as you do !

+ How much would I appreciate my clear face ? Everyday I'll look in the mirror and say you, sir, are the best looking man ever, so, a huge ego boost just because I glance at my face in the mirror, how about that ?! That is amazing.

If I think it all through, acne strengthened me, it made me the man I am today, a confident and powerful one that is, and Accutane, oh, it's nothing I cannot handle, I'm laughing at myself of how worried I was about taking it. In the end acne, accutane it's all worth it, thank you bad genetics.

Mood for the past few days : Unbelievably good.

Day 28: Almost one month has passed. Even though my dermatologist sayed to go with 30mg (if the treatment was doing well), I'm going with 40mg *troll face*. Really, for all people that have second thoughts on accutane, just stop reading other people's complaints/side effects and try it yourself.

I doubled my running record during the first month of accutane, I ran 13km without stopping, I'm doing exercises daily ( so muscle pain is bullshit in my case ), I eat healthy, I stopped drinking alcohol, juices, sweet things ( ok ok I admit, sometimes I give in, just can't help tasting a good quality chocolate ) and I feel great !!!

There is one annoying thing about accutane.. I must admit : chopped lips, but moisturizing them daily helps a lot. Also if you feel some pain in the lower back, try doing some back exercises in the morning and in the evening ( in my case the pain disappeared in 2 days and never came back )

Depression ? This side effect seems ridiculous, because people that have bad acne get depressed once in a while even without the treatment ( I know I did ), and because in 4 months of the course they get depressed, they blame it on this magic.

If you're on Accutane right now, first: congrats, and let me tell you something you already know, you will be looking gorgeous in maximum 8 months, and let me tell you another secret, I bet you can also have a great body in 8 months, so try working out, try balancing your weight , diet, take small steps towards great success !

Until next time, long live the pink pill, and thanks for reading.

I really don't know the day. But I'm sure it's about Day 40 or so, anyway it does not matter, everything is very good. I got some few small pimples and a little bump on my face since I doubled up the dose, nothing to serious, they died in a few days.

About side effects. Well, I must say that if you forget to moisturize your lips, they will hurt, yeah, and do not drink alcohol. I got wasted recently and the next day my face was irritated, my stomach hurt, and got 2 pimples as a bonus on top of that. So, dear CH3-CH2-OH, I say farewell to you until we meet again.

I started drinking 2l - 3l of water daily and oh my god what a difference, my face/lips stopped being so dry, my face started to look calmer and calmer, so I really recommend that. I'll make a summary at the end of my journey with do's and don'ts from my perspective to help and encourage the future use of acne sufferers.

Depression ? Mental problems ? Other side effects than dryness and an almost unnoticeable pain in the lower bad ? Absolutely nothing, I NEVER FELT BETTER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

All thanks to my real life photoshopper : Accutane. rolleyes.gif

Good luck to you, and until the next time. Take care of yourself.

Entering the 3rd month of Accutane.

Keeping it 40mg / day.

I have no complaints, except dry lips, but I bought a professional lip balm that really gives results. Anyway, I may have chopped lips, but smiling chopped lips.

Oehh I hope I will continue the same as you! I'm in my second month now and I'm not experiencing any bad side effects either.

It´s nice reading your log, you're so positive! I could work on that :P

Good luck :)

Hello and Happy New Year !

Everything is just fine, I got used to moisturizing myself everyday and it feels great.

Here's my rig :

La Roche-Posay - Lipikar Baume AP ( body moisturizing once every 2 days, I use it on androgenic zones << upper arms, upper back, neck, behind ears, shoulders and upper chest >> )

Bioderma - Atoderm ( soap for washing , face washing as well )

Ivatherm - Ivahydra+ ( face moisturizing cream , I've used Vichy - Normaderm before twice daily and my face was dry as hell, I use this once a day and it's enough )

Avoie Rhealba - A-Derma ( lip balm , 3 to 4 times daily )

Lipobase Repair - I've had some red ( almost pitiriazis-like ) spots on my upper arm, so the dermatologists said it's from the soap I used ( the detergents in it ) and excessive dryness. After 3 days of using this they faded.

Sodermix ( for red marks , I use it after moisturizing my face )

So this is my rig, yeah I never thought I would use so many cosmetic products in my life, but I have to deal with it and frankly it's not bad at all.

I can't say anything but good about all this... Thank you La Roche for Accutane : I'll write a thank you letter when my face is baby-like.

Can't wait to finish the treatment, start using some glycolic acid and make acne a bitter-sweet memory.

If I experience new side-effects, problems I shall post them, at this moment I'm feeling blissfully great and hopefully you are too. Feel free to ask me any questions if you will, I shall offer my support.