Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mamato3

So Sick Of Oily Skin!

Anyone have any good recommendations on products that help control the oil? By the time I get home from work I cannot wait to wash my face! And if I have something to do after work, I get anxiety about not being able to wash my face and not to mention it probably looks like crap :(. Ughhh will I ever have "normal" skin?!!!

I recommend that you use a cetaphil cleanser for oily skin once in the morning before work and before bed or after work. Maybe use a toner daily as well that contains tea tree oil and witch hazel as it gets really into your pores to eliminate dirt and oil and will reduce the chances of breakouts. Do you wear make-up to work or any heavy foundations? Sometimes moisturizers or makeup can clog pores and create breakouts to occur as these are very oily based. I suggest use moisturizers or makeup that is non-comedogenic or dermatologists recommended or something like that.

Also, if you use sunscreen or any moisturizer that contains spf +20 or more it can be very oil based as well. Maybe try cetaphil daily moisturizer as it is very water based than normal moisturizers and doesn't contain a lot of oils. It is non-comedogenic and dermatologist recommended.

Maybe during lunch break or something just take a packet of make-up wipes or face wipes and just use it if you are feeling like your face accumulates the most oil halfway through the day.

You can maybe use benzac ac or bp and just smooth a little bit of the gel into the areas that accumulates the most oil before going to work as it dries clear or mix it in with your moisturizer and apply. Bp is known for the treatment of acne but, it may dry your skin a little bit to get rid of the oils in your pores, so i suggest mixing bp with your moisturizer.

Goodluck!

I'm in the same boat as you!!! Even my hair starts to feel greasy and nasty at the end of the day, it's so ridiculous. I can't wait to get home and wash my face either, it's such a pain to have to deal with it. I use oil absorbing sheets.. they help.

I do want to go on accutane to get rid of the oiliness and the constant acne... just have to make an appt. with the derm and hope that they will give it to me. Best of luck to you

Thanks everyone! I tried accutane for 2 weeks and my hair started coming out so the derm told me to stop taking it :(. Yes I do wear make up..non acnegenic kind from este lauder (so it says).

If you don't want to or can't take Accutane, you could try taking Vitamin A supplements. They balance your hormonal oil production. I took vitamins for a while but stopped it when I got on medication, it doesn't cure your acne but after a while it will reduce oil production.

You need to make sure you don't take a lot though because too much Vitamin A is toxic.

edit: Natural Beta Carotene would be the best type of vitamin A supplement

Edited by start

Its funny you say that I was just looking into that. I was waiting bc I didn't know how long it would take for accutane to leave my system. Ice been off it a week now.