Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JLewis

Using Products Properly?

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this but anyway, i was wondering if i am meant to be using a facial scrub everyday? I was using a light face wash up untill last week untill i switched to Neutrogena's pink grapefruit foaming scrub which i have been using everyday which has cleared most of my acne very well, but my face especially my cheeks look redish and although they dont feel dry have a dryed out apperance despite me moisterising every night after i shower (Nivea Mattiflyign Gel Cream) so i thought it might be because im not meant to be using a facial scrub everyday?

I know its best to only exfoliate once or twice a week but for me it all depends on the person. i exfoliate every other night with a lotion with no side effects. I know when i use to use a salicylic acid based cleanser my face would be red but after switching to a bp cleanser the redness is gone. I would try using it maybe only at night or even every other night and see if u have the same side effects.

Yeah I notice when i expoliate every 2/3 nights my face is alot clearer and i break out alot less so i agree with you there, but yeah the problem is when i use the wash it clears my face but i get redness but if i just use a cleanser i break out. I might try a bp cleanser like you suggested though if it helps prevent the redness, are there any easily available products?