Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fiestaconbieber

Need Help With Cleansing Regimen!

I'm 16 right now. I started washing my face summer of 2010 with what ever products i had. At the time my face stayed clear and it stayed clear until april of 2011, since then i've been getting acne everywhere and so i started using creams to treat them and it just made my acne worse and so i started washing my SENSITIVE face twice a day and eventually my problem got better, but i still had acne. Can anyone give me a cleansing regimen for my sensitive skin, like what cleanser, moisturizers and toners to use? Im a male.

I use Cetaphil Moisturizer...its non-comidigent so it doesnt clog you're pores...and there is a 2 in 1 cleanser/exfoliator i was just told about called Dermalogica's Skin Resurfacing cleanser. And if you need to, get a BP gel from either your derm. or just over the counter for a spot treatment at night.

If that cleanser is to hard on you're skin though go with the cetaphil gental skin cleanser...that's what i am using now and it works great.

I'm 16 right now. I started washing my face summer of 2010 with what ever products i had. At the time my face stayed clear and it stayed clear until april of 2011, since then i've been getting acne everywhere and so i started using creams to treat them and it just made my acne worse and so i started washing my SENSITIVE face twice a day and eventually my problem got better, but i still had acne. Can anyone give me a cleansing regimen for my sensitive skin, like what cleanser, moisturizers and toners to use? Im a male.

Hello there.

I know that everyone's skin is different, but I beg BEG you not to start using BP :C If you must, please just use it as a last resort SPOT TREATMENT on ONE spot at a time. And I'm actually kind of reluctant to suggest using it even as little as that. BP is so horrible for your young face. I know many people swear by it, but I personally wouldn't want to have to slather on poison for the rest of my life to maintain clear skin, would you?

For a cleanser, I see someone's already recommended Cetaphil, and I completely agree C: Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser is wonderful for us with sensitive skin. I also recommend using it with a cleanser brush, such as the Clarisonic or the less expensive Olay Pro-X. It's just a gentler way of exfoliating while cleansing than using a harsh scrub.

I also would suggest moisturizing with Aloe Vera gel from an Aloe Vera plant. Not only is it completely natural and all around good for skin, Aloe Vera plants are super cheap. Plus, being desert plants, you only have to water them about once a week =P

Simpler is better, and I believe the less you put on your face the better. Around these forums you'll notice stories of people who started getting a bit more pimples than normal, like you, then started this downward spiral of using product after product one after another, digging their own acne grave as they continuously damage their skin. Good luck!

Edited by ForQuestions

Wow this cetaphil cleanser is really good! It doesn't dry my face at all. My face feels natural! Thanks again! If i buy the Clarisonic should i use it everyday morning & night? Or just a few time a week since its exfoliating?