Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AbyBar

Don't Know What Else To Do

I'm a 21 year old female suffering from acne and a few cysts on my cheeks that really are bothering me and won't go away. A week ago I went to go see a dermatologist, she prescribed me a topical gel for morning clindamycin phosphate and doxicycline 150mg a day and a night cream Differin. I've tried it for a week now but I don't see any sudden change and these cysts are really annoying. I even stopped wearing make up so that It won't clog my pores. I'm too embarrassed to go out with my friends because it's not just one zit. It's several on my cheek that are big and red. I've tried all over the counter topical creams and cleansers and my skin is irritated and itchy. Ive even tried Drinking lots of water and all it does it gives me an overloaded bladder. It's never been this worse . I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm fed up with acne.

I understand where you are coming from on this one. I also have problems with cystic acne, and lately they have been growing on my cheeks. Since you have only been using your meds for a week, you have to be patient. You won't see results for another week or too. If you do not see improvements by the time your next visit is due, ask you can ask your doctor to give you differnt meds, or ask him/her about Solidyn. That helped get rid of my pesty cysts! And remember, patients is virtue!

P.S. If you are taking birth control, don't take antibiotics for acne. They may counter-act.

P.P.S. Solidyn is an oral antibiotic =P

BlemishBeauty thanks for the advice, I will try and give it two more weeks before my next appointment . I'n regards to the birth control I'm not on BC. Ive started this healthy diet hope that helps too and reduce my acne lesions . The only problem I've encountered with these medications is itchiness and dryness . My skin looks horrible. I've even considered dropping all the medications my doctor prescribed me and going back to proactive's renewing cleanser only. Since all the other products are rough on my skin. And your absolutely right with "patience is virtue"

Hey AbyBar,

I have recently found the perfect regimen :) after suffering with mod/severe acne for nearly 12 years!

I got my face from what was a train wreck to around 95% clear in just 5 weeks! (I have 2 small active spots).

My regimen is simple, cheap and it really works! (To anyone asking no I'm not a advertising/marketing person!) Everything can be ordered by amazon, Boots, and a few other sites I have found!

I've been desperate to share my regimen with friends I know, but never know how to approach them on the subject!

Anyone if you want to know more,just PM me and I'll be happy to help!

x

Hey AbyBar,

I have recently found the perfect regimen :) after suffering with mod/severe acne for nearly 12 years!

I'd really like to know what your regimen is to clearer skin . Because currently Im using proactive I started 2 days ago and my face itches and burns . We all wish to have clear skin and I'm glad that your almost there . So if you could share your regimen I'd appreciate it :)

I got my face from what was a train wreck to around 95% clear in just 5 weeks! (I have 2 small active spots).

My regimen is simple, cheap and it really works! (To anyone asking no I'm not a advertising/marketing person!) Everything can be ordered by amazon, Boots, and a few other sites I have found!

I've been desperate to share my regimen with friends I know, but never know how to approach them on the subject!

Anyone if you want to know more,just PM me and I'll be happy to help!

x