Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hopethisworks!

Face Still Red After 8 Weeks?!

I've been using the Regimen for 8 weeks exactly and my face is still breaking out and very red. I follow it to the T and have taken the quizzes and researched this website over and over again for something I might be doing wrong.

I don't want to give up because clear skin may be right around the corner but I'm getting very frustrated and I'm worried that it's never going to work.

Any advice??

Depressed and don't know what to do sad.png

Edited by hopethisworks!

i know this might not be the same thing here, but when i did proactiv it took somewhere around 3 months to notice a change ( i had severe acne at the time). i would say keep with it for two more weeks if it is the same or worse stop.

Are you on Dan's Regimen or some other products? I've heard a few stories of people who had to use the Regimen for 5 or so months before getting clear skin, and they said that their first 3 or 4 months were hard.. I'd say you should keep going until the 6 month mark and if by then you aren't seeing results then stop. easier said than done I know but having clear skin is probably worth the wait

Yeah, some people adjust to BP quite quickly, where as others it can take much longer. 8 weeks is still a short time, so keep at it.

Well, I don't know anyone for whom regime worked... Dan used accutane (very strong prescription medicine with some permanent changes that greatly reduces sebum production) so I just can't trust his superstitious regime

For the breakouts - they should subside after some more weeks. It's different for everyone, so don't give up.

For the redness I'll tell you my story.

I used BP for 2 months and increased the amount gradually and was bright red, it even seemed to get worse and worse. I stopped the regimen for a week (and was still kinda red after that) and started again with the starting amount.

That's 2 months ago. I have never increased the amount since then and I'm clear but the redness never went away for me.

I've done much research on this here and in other forums and while some say "WHAT YOU'RE FACE IS STILL RED AFTER 2 WEEKS? STOP!!!!" others experienced redness up until a year into the regimen. It's all a matter of how sensitive your skin is and yours seems to be a lot like mine.

I can certainly say that the level of redness I have after these 2 (or 4 if you want) months is kind of bearable and I feel much more comfortable than with having acne.

I am sure it will go away. It may take months, many months, but since I'm kind of happy with my progress that shouldn't matter. I don't try to hide my face anymore and I think that's what I was looking forward to.

Edited by Zelos

Well, I don't know anyone for whom regime worked... Dan used accutane (very strong prescription medicine with some permanent changes that greatly reduces sebum production) so I just can't trust his superstitious regime

I've been on Dan's regimen(his products specifically) for about 10 weeks now and am having fantastic results 95% clear and only having trouble with flakiness/tightness which i hope to eliminate soon with Dan's AHA, Believe me it works it just takes time

Thanks so much for the advice everyone!

I am using Dan's regimen and I'm going to stick with it (even though it's really hard!)......I know the results are worth the wait but i am getting sick of people asking me why my face is soo red!

The breakouts have decreased in frequency. I was getting new pimples (plural) every morning. Now it's really only one a day. I just hope it stops soon!

I'll keep ya'll up to date on my progress :)

Oh, hell, please stop this "Dan is just making this up to make profit".

BP is scientifically proven to combat acne and it works for more than 75% of people who use it just as Dan says, as long as you have mild or moderate acne.

It doesn't work = You're doing something worng. It's as easy as that.

You're getting severe sideeffects = You're doing something wrong or your skin is just very sensitive.

that is something interesting to note, i am not surprised actually. when i first saw dans videos on his regime his skin looked dehydrated and dull. the thing these products and any other product is you have to keep strictly to the regime, if you fail one regime one time you pretty much lose and breakout. there are better ways of getting rid of acne for good and they are so simple.