Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know there are people that have it much worse off then me, and i would never want to look like them so I take precations in almost everything I do to be extra careful some tragic accident doesn't happen to me in my lifetime. But I still feel less of a person because of the aftermath of acne. Everytime I look in the mirror, it's very difficult for me not to cry. When I go to school I wear a hoodie and talk to no one so I stay in the background and try not to get noticed. It's hard when your a girl because guys place a value on beautiful women. They treat them with more respect/pay attention to them more then women that are unattractive. I've been self consious of my skin since I was around 8 years old. Ever since I was 8 I have been hiding behind long sleeves and covering my entire body because of freckles/moles an when I turned 14/15/16 a new problem occured, acne.

Acne started out as small red bumps on my chin, I didn't think much of it. Through my teen years it progressed and pregressed, slowly leaving behind spotty reminders. Until I turned 18 when I decided to become a raw vegan, eventually that diet clearned all my acne but I was still left with unsightly scarring. The scarring always depressed me and on occations I would go off my new found acne diet and eat something that would surely cause eruptions to occur. At last, the cycle of acne came back into my life again after everytime I ate something wrong. This process of eating junk and going back to healthy eating caused acne to come and go, leaving even more reminders on my face. Eventually, at 19 years old this cycle has created a multitute of acne scarring in different varieties and shapes and colors, resting permanently on my face.

Currently, every pore on my face is either filled with dirt, formed into a pimple, or taking up space as a scar. The only area's of my face that I would consider normal is my eylids, and my temples.

The current state of my skin makes me want to devote my life to getting my skin back to how it used to be. It's the only thing of importance to me. At times I felt as though my life isn't worth living, and that I should live life in autopilot and just slowly die a lonely woman who never got a chance at life because of her acne scarring. Sometimes at night I cry, "Why? Why me? What have I done to deserve this life alterning disease?"

I would do anything for clear skin. I have become obsessed, researching, searching, trying to find one glimmer of hope so that one day, my spotty, horrid complexion can be clear.

Acne scarring has consumed my life.

what type of scarring do you have? or is this hyper-pigmentation? scarring usually refers to pits or bulbs, not a color change. hyper-pigmentation will correct itself in time if you allow your skin to do what it needs to do, without the influence of anything to it. placing things on your face is like a road block it does not allow the skin to fully heal itself

what type of scarring do you have? or is this hyper-pigmentation? scarring usually refers to pits or bulbs, not a color change. hyper-pigmentation will correct itself in time if you allow your skin to do what it needs to do, without the influence of anything to it. placing things on your face is like a road block it does not allow the skin to fully heal itself

No, I have, indents, incepics, scarred pores, enlarged pores, blackheads, clogged pores, bumpy skin texture, and Post inflamitory Eurethia(sp?). At 15 or 16 I started getting red marks, it progressively got worse. Now I'm 19 I feel like my face is permanently damaged by acne. It's hard to imagine my face clear and smooth again.

No, I have, indents, incepics, scarred pores, enlarged pores, blackheads, clogged pores, bumpy skin texture, and Post inflamitory Eurethia(sp?). At 15 or 16 I started getting red marks, it progressively got worse. Now I'm 19 I feel like my face is permanently damaged by acne. It's hard to imagine my face clear and smooth again.

yes, i know exactly what you mean, i thought the same thing...i had severe acne for 4 years and before i cured it, i thought to myself that my skin was just terrible and i felt like i had destroyed it completely. scars a different thing though, and those usually do not heal, but they can improve by all means necessary. What do you think you did to your face to get those scars? was if from squeezing and poking?

No, I never touched my face. I think it was basically having a bad diet because when i was a raw vegan, my face got clear and i didnt have clogged pores and a bumpy skin texture (which i hate the most)..my skin just had a few scars, red marks, and nothing active. Then, I started eating junk and my acne came back and would not go away, and it was at this time where my skin started to get very terrible.

I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in now if I just kept that diet up, my skin was fine back then. Now, I kinda look like a monster. I skipped class today because i felt really insecure being around people without crying. It was all because i looked in the car mirror, the car mirror scared the hellll out of me, I looked like my avatar.

milkmilk1

Have you seen a dermatologist about your acne?

Can you tell us a little bit about your current routine?

Are you on Dan's BP regiment?

Are you on any other medications, antibiotics or creams?

Edit:

I don't really believe all the theories about what foods can cause acne. I am a science guy so i need to see the peer reviewed scientific studies from reputable organizations or researchers. Of course, there are none but that doesn't stop a lot of people on this forum from thinking certain foods cause acne.

Edited by jjn

milkmilk1

Edit:

I don't really believe all the theories about what foods can cause acne. I am a science guy so i need to see the peer reviewed scientific studies from reputable organizations or researchers. Of course, there are none but that doesn't stop a lot of people on this forum from thinking certain foods cause acne.

No I've never been to a derm, from what people say on here, they don't help...

I basically barely wash my face because it gets really dry. I put jojoba oil on my face throughout the day. I take a shower like once or twice a week. I dont shower after i workout. I wear the same clothes everyday without washing them. I only put cold water on my face. I put zinc oxide sunscreen when im in the sun (I noticed when I started doing this my skin started to get bad).

I think I have closed comodones all over my forhead and face.

No I never tried an acne regime...I've only tried eating methods to help my skin.

I took antibiotics like 6 months ago to get rid of a cold. no medications or creams

milkmilk1

Edit:

I basically barely wash my face because it gets really dry. I put jojoba oil on my face throughout the day. I take a shower like once or twice a week. I dont shower after i workout. I wear the same clothes everyday without washing them. I only put cold water on my face. I put zinc oxide sunscreen when im in the sun (I noticed when I started doing this my skin started to get bad).

No I never tried an acne regime...I've only tried eating methods to help my skin.

I took antibiotics like 6 months ago to get rid of a cold. no medications or creams

well theres part of your answer. wash your face twice a day with a really gentle cleanser (i like Purpose Gentle Cleanser, or something like that)

you should probably try some sort of medication for your acne (maybe BP, salicylic acid, etc)

and it might help with your confidence to at least wash your clothes. go shopping and buy tons of stylin' stuff! i think confidence helps clear your skin (or youre just not thinking about acne as much)

everyone knows stress and depression isnt good for your complexion, so be happy! watch a funny movie or go hang out with friends :)

MilkMIlk

I really recommend you go see a dermotologist. Those who say they don't help are giving you terrible advice. There are good ones and there are bad ones just like any doctor. I had really bad cystic acne at one point and I went to see a derm who prescribed me some Differin and antibiotics and they really helped get it under control.

You should wash your face twice a day - once in the morning and once before you go to bed. I don't even bother using any soap or cleansers because I am worried about irritation. I just splash warm water all over my face and gently pat it dry with a towel. If you do use a cleanser, make sure it says hyperallegenic and non-comedogenic. I don't know anything about the jojoba oil. If I were you, I would stop using it because I don't want to put anything on my face that could clog my pores or irritate it more.

I love to workout and lift weights. The fact that you workout too is encouraging. That means you still care about your body. You should be very proud of yourself. Workout more or take up a hobby to get your mind of your acne. You should shower after you workout though; sweat can cause more breakouts.

If you go outside, it is definitely important to wear sunscreen. I use Netrogena and it seems to work well for me. I never breakout from it.

Your skin will get better as you get older. I promise. Just hang in there.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need someone to talk to.

Edited by jjn

I know there are people that have it much worse off then me, and i would never want to look like them so I take precations in almost everything I do to be extra careful some tragic accident doesn't happen to me in my lifetime. But I still feel less of a person because of the aftermath of acne. Everytime I look in the mirror, it's very difficult for me not to cry. When I go to school I wear a hoodie and talk to no one so I stay in the background and try not to get noticed. It's hard when your a girl because guys place a value on beautiful women. They treat them with more respect/pay attention to them more then women that are unattractive. I've been self consious of my skin since I was around 8 years old. Ever since I was 8 I have been hiding behind long sleeves and covering my entire body because of freckles/moles an when I turned 14/15/16 a new problem occured, acne.

Acne started out as small red bumps on my chin, I didn't think much of it. Through my teen years it progressed and pregressed, slowly leaving behind spotty reminders. Until I turned 18 when I decided to become a raw vegan, eventually that diet clearned all my acne but I was still left with unsightly scarring. The scarring always depressed me and on occations I would go off my new found acne diet and eat something that would surely cause eruptions to occur. At last, the cycle of acne came back into my life again after everytime I ate something wrong. This process of eating junk and going back to healthy eating caused acne to come and go, leaving even more reminders on my face. Eventually, at 19 years old this cycle has created a multitute of acne scarring in different varieties and shapes and colors, resting permanently on my face.

Currently, every pore on my face is either filled with dirt, formed into a pimple, or taking up space as a scar. The only area's of my face that I would consider normal is my eylids, and my temples.

The current state of my skin makes me want to devote my life to getting my skin back to how it used to be. It's the only thing of importance to me. At times I felt as though my life isn't worth living, and that I should live life in autopilot and just slowly die a lonely woman who never got a chance at life because of her acne scarring. Sometimes at night I cry, "Why? Why me? What have I done to deserve this life alterning disease?"

I would do anything for clear skin. I have become obsessed, researching, searching, trying to find one glimmer of hope so that one day, my spotty, horrid complexion can be clear.

Acne scarring has consumed my life.

If a guy just vaules your looks then he is a douche bag and not worth your effort. Would you really want to be with a guy like that?

You need to accept yourself. When you do that it will set you free. You havent had ya face burnt off so is it really that bad? You need to ask yourself this.

Guys go through the same with the looks thing believe me. But my attitude is, this is me, take it or leave it. If you don't want to there is the door, take care now, bye bye then. Aint got time for shallow people.

Confidence and true beauty lies within, its not on the outside.

A classic example. A friend of mine, is one of the most good looking girls ive ever laid my eyes on. She has a good job, good life, good friends, good family. However she is so depressed for many reasons not are not cosmetic realated. However she thinks she is ugly although guys are asking her out all the time.

I dated her once and i broke it off because i wasn't attracted to her personality. How about that, an acne sufferer dumping a girl with great looks and skin lol.

My point is personality is what counts so work on that side of you. If you show confidence regardless of what is on your face guys will start to notice you believe me. It happened with me with girls. Started showing more confidence, used my sense of humour to good effect and my understanding due to being an acne sufferer.

Anyone can do this, you just need to change the way you think and do things. Don't be brainwashed by society and it's demands to be perfect. Evolve and be a better version of you from the inside. : )

Thanks for your suggestions. I started washing my face with a gentle cleanser. I bought the cetiphile cleanser and lotion, it was actually the first time i washed my face without my skin feeling dry. And I washed my face twice. My skin doesn't feel dirty and gross anymore, it just feels clean. And looks cleaner. Even my dad noticed saying my face looks better. I also started putting BP on the pimples so I can feel better..And dressing in my nicer clothes. I have a closet full of new clothes but i never wor them because of my skin. I'm going to also take a shower more often instead of once a week.

I guessed everyone has something they are depressed about. but, I just hate being depressed about the way I look. I feel frustrated sometimes because I've never had a bf and I'm 19. I have a nice body, but my face is bad. So I'm a butterface. I'd rather have a perfect face and be outta shape..becausee my ex best friend has an average body but her face is a supermodel and i have a supermodel body but my face is average, and she's the one that gets the attention.

I think the main reason you don't get the attention is because of your attitude. Curling up in a corner covered in clothing and not talking to anyone will not help you make friends no matter how pretty or ugly you are. Ok sure, let's be realistic, being pretty or handsome would make things a hell of a lot easier for you in life. So would having amazing natural talents or being born into a rich family. But as Havoc said, you need to just be able to accept yourself for who you are. Trying to be someone you're not will only drive you crazy. And you shouldn't assume others think poorly of you, nor should you be jealous of others who are more fortunate than you. Those are negative feelings which are also unattractive. Instead, try developing your unique personality and focusing your attention on other things like hobbies and helping others.

As for clearing your skin... you definitely need to visit a derm. If you have a bad experience with one, try others until you get results. I was skeptical about derms too for a long time and refused their recommendation of Accutane the first time around. But now I wish I had taken it sooner to prevent the scarring I got since that time.

BTW, what area of OC do you live in? I used to live in Irvine. It sure was nice...

I think the main reason you don't get the attention is because of your attitude. Curling up in a corner covered in clothing and not talking to anyone will not help you make friends no matter how pretty or ugly you are. Ok sure, let's be realistic, being pretty or handsome would make things a hell of a lot easier for you in life. So would having amazing natural talents or being born into a rich family. But as Havoc said, you need to just be able to accept yourself for who you are. Trying to be someone you're not will only drive you crazy. And you shouldn't assume others think poorly of you, nor should you be jealous of others who are more fortunate than you. Those are negative feelings which are also unattractive. Instead, try developing your unique personality and focusing your attention on other things like hobbies and helping others.

As for clearing your skin... you definitely need to visit a derm. If you have a bad experience with one, try others until you get results. I was skeptical about derms too for a long time and refused their recommendation of Accutane the first time around. But now I wish I had taken it sooner to prevent the scarring I got since that time.

BTW, what area of OC do you live in? I used to live in Irvine. It sure was nice...

That's true..personality is really important but I'm so focused on the state of my skin right now it's difficult to be myself and forget about my skin. I probably think about my skin every minute. The only time I'm not thinking about my skin is when I'm studying, so I study to get my mind off of everything that's bothering me, and so I get A's to get a job to get money to help with skin lol.

Haha thats a small world. I live in Irvine,yeaa it is a nice area..but everything looks the samee

milkmilk1

Edit:

U've never been to dermotologist? Should you worry about ur acne then?

OP

You need to go see a dermotologist. If you don't know a good one, then call your primary care physcian/ family doctor and ask for a referral! Its really important because you need medication to control the acne.