Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest boredbored

Tea tree oil with results equal to benzoyl peroxide...

Guest boredbored

I have been looking into other things to treat my skin with and came across tea tree oil. On wikipedia it says 'In the treatment of moderate common acne, topical application of 5% tea tree oil has shown an effect comparable to 5% benzoyl peroxide, albeit with slower onset of action.' I thought that it was worth a try so I brought a tea tree moisturizer, cleanser and pure tea tree oil. After using these 3 products for almost a week I am already seeing great results. I just wondered if anybody else has had success with tea tree oil and if they have any tips to share. How long did it take to completely get rid of your acne?

Edited by MarshallJ

And it doesn't age you prematurely or strip your acid mantle.

No amount of washing your face will clear your acne unless you're improving your lifestyle habits such as exercise and diet along with it.

Guest Timehealsall

And it doesn't age you prematurely or strip your acid mantle.

No amount of washing your face will clear your acne unless you're improving your lifestyle habits such as exercise and diet along with it.

if benzoyl peroxide strips the acid mantle, i believe the skin repairs itself over time when stop use of it