Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sjsmeza

Scar Cream/Lotions Suggestion

Is there any recommended scar treatment lotion or creams that I can put on my face WHILE on the regimen that WILL NOT break me out?

If anybody has any experience scar lotions for their own acne marks/hyperpigmentation then please write back to me. Has Dan recommended any lotions that could help? Thank you.

An AHA Lotion will help with scars, but you will have to be patient.

It's important to remember, that other than laser treatment, there is no immediate results with any cream or medication. Acne scars will fade over a period of time, sometimes weeks, months or even years.

Likewise, you could try adding a few drops of Tea tree oil to your moisturiser. TTO is a wonderful antiseptic which will help with healing scars, but again, patience is key.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will have to be patient. I've been on the regimen for 3 months now and am finally clear. If all I have to do is just wait for the marks to go away then I'm fine with that. I've heard Tea Tree Oil is so good for you. So I got some and put a few drops on my skin and I kid you not, it burned really bad on my skin. I had to wash it off immediately. No marks or anything was left because of the TTO, but I would never use it again. Is it suppose to burn/sting?

For the first few applications it isn't uncommon to experience burning/stinging.

You can pick up TTO in different concentrations. 100% being the strongest and more likely to result in the above, but is the most effective.

Just like the regimen, start small (1 drop to your moisturiser) and gradually build on it. You shouldn't need to use more than 3 drops. You should use this as a night treatment rather than a day time treatment as it tends to make your face shiny.