Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revelry

Could this be rosacea?

Hey,

I've had acne (mild/moderate) for quite some time, but was using DKR and that working really well for me. But after about 9 months I thought I would try going of it, see how my skin reacts. I did get some acne again, so I started using it again, but only in the places where I tend to break out.

Now since last week I've got this really weird "rash" on my cheeks, first I thought it was an allergic reaction or something but it didn't fade after a few days, so I went to my GP and she had no idea what it could be so she called another doctor and described it a little (not extremely accurate though) and the doctor on the phone said it could be roseaca, so she prescribed me metronidazole.

This kind off freaked me out cause I've read some things about rosacea being a permanent thing and all, but mostly I'm not really convinced that it's actually rosacea. Is it possible for that to happen practically overnight? And I never blush or flush or anything.

I don't think it's acne either though, I never used to get acne there.

Here's a picture, you can't really see it, but I have a few tiny whiteheads as well.

I would really appreciate your opinion and unfortunately I can't ask a dermatologist, because I live in The Netherlands and here you have to get a reference from your GP to be able to visit a dermatologist.Another picture: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/skin1p.jpg/

post-138721-1943_thumb.jpg

post-138721-1943_thumb.jpg

Edited by Revelry

well from the photo and what you are saying it doesn`t seem to be rosacea! it could maybe be Demodex causing that, you never know.

you should check that, they will take skin scraping containing sebum obtained from the face.

otherwise i cant think of anything else than hormones or just IB because you dropped and the went back on BP

Edited by LoveLife!

Oh djeez, I've been reading about Demodex now, and that's really gross! I have this huge urge to overwash my face now, but that's not gonna do anything probably. The symptoms do sound familiar, except for the dry skin, my skin is oily.

And what's IB?

Thanks for the reply btw!

Oh djeez, I've been reading about Demodex now, and that's really gross! I have this huge urge to overwash my face now, but that's not gonna do anything probably. The symptoms do sound familiar, except for the dry skin, my skin is oily.

And what's IB?

Thanks for the reply btw!

noo. it wont do any good, really!!!

hmm.. well oily skin could be from overwashing it or cuz of skin drying treatments! i dont think thats a definite that you have to have a dry face.

even more I think that those little mites,they feed on sebum from your skin!

they are nothing bad and i would be happy if that would be my problem actually because then i could just get rid of "acne" in like few days foreverI :D (althou` I`m on roacc anyway)

IB - Initial Breakout, it could be just IB aswell from going off and then going back again :)