Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blooper111

epidup gel?

Can epiduo gel help heal acne scars faster?

I keep telling my mom that I should keep using it for the acne scars but i tell her that its only for active lesions, which i have none..

ive been using epiduo gel for 2 and a half weeks and its done nothing but made my acne worse and spread it more across my face

ive been using epiduo gel for 2 and a half weeks and its done nothing but made my acne worse and spread it more across my face

Real sorry to here that man. I've been using it for quite some time as well as oral antibiotics and the combination of the two has really cleared me up. did your derm also give you an antibioti possibly because it should be used with one.

heres some tips for epiduo that i noticed helped its use:

-Use a very small amount on the pimple, a little drop is fine.

-make sure to rub it in completely, just don't put it on (I usually take about 20 seconds to rub it in)

-and i only used it at night and only once a day

Use hydro-cortizone cream (2.5% if you can) for acne red marks. It has been a life saver for me because my skin is very prone to getting acne reddness after a pimple has been taken care of. You will start seeing results in 2-3 days, my marks cleared up 50% by then, in a week you can hardly see them anymore. Good luck!

Use hydro-cortizone cream (2.5% if you can) for acne red marks. It has been a life saver for me because my skin is very prone to getting acne reddness after a pimple has been taken care of. You will start seeing results in 2-3 days, my marks cleared up 50% by then, in a week you can hardly see them anymore. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, I will look into hydro-cortizone cream, but my original question has not been answered yet. Can epiduo heal red/dark spots left after acne?

they are no longer active, nor do I have any indentations, it seems to be only surface level but some are very dark and other are very red.

I used epiduo gel for a year and a half and it did absolutely nothing for my dark marks. I find that periodic light chemical peels work best.