Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
weirdo56

accutane = scary?

i've been hearing great things about accutane, how its "the Miracle Pill of the 20th century"

and also i've been browsing through accutane journals off youtube.. i really think this stuff works!

but im also hearing bad stuff about the side effects.. just wondering.. what are these bad stuff? (although i can just search it of the net but i wanna hear from your experiences) ;) and why hasn't the derm prescribed me this rather than boring ol' erythromycin?

thank you :)

Nah, nothing too bad.

The severe or even permanent side effects are rare and hyped up imo.

Just respect the drug and take care of your body.

When you're debating going on accutane, don't debate it, don't obsess over positive and negative testimonials.. That will only delay the inevitable of you going on it and keep your acne around that much longer. Just do it.

Accutane brought me from completely resenting having to go out in public, to being comfortable, confident, and happy with myself.

Before I started accutane I did the same as you.. Endlessly browsing over youtube vids about it, testimonials here, stressing over that, etc.. Then eventually you realize that none of it matters at all because nobody else is you.

Edited by Jxr

When you're debating going on accutane, don't debate it, don't obsess over positive and negative testimonials.. That will only delay the inevitable of you going on it and keep your acne around that much longer. Just do it.

Accutane brought me from completely resenting having to go out in public, to being comfortable, confident, and happy with myself.

Before I started accutane I did the same as you.. Endlessly browsing over youtube vids about it, testimonials here, stressing over that, etc.. Then eventually you realize that none of it matters at all because nobody else is you.

Exactly. If acne bothers you. Do it.

Your concerns have been answered pretty much the same way I was going to.

If you spend the time to research Accutane to death, you will end up going on it, whether that be instantaneous or dragged out.