Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phisigjeanette

Lovee the regimen but...

So i've been on the regimen since June and I have to say it has done a really good job of clearing uo my skin. My face was a mess at the beginning of the summer and now I literally only have like 4 pimples. Although I'm happy about the fewer breakouts, my skin still is not as glowing and beautiful as I would like it to be due to the leftover acne marks. Although my skin is clear i still look like a pizza face :( Any suggestions on how to remain clear & fade these marks faster?

If you've been doing the DKR for that long with just the BP, cleanser and moisturizer, you're pretty safe to add AHA into your regimen as your nighttime moisturizer. It might be that little push you need to get completely clear, and it helps to fade red marks a little faster. :)

Edited by Gutterflower

I second that, add AHA+ to your Regimen. That's what I did and it was the push that I needed to get 99% clear and it gives my skin this nice healthy glow. It also helps the red marks to be less noticeable - I'm not a makeup wearer and mine aren't noticeable due to the help of AHA+. Also AHA+ helps fade the red marks faster, and is an excellant exfoliant and (at most) once a day replacement for moisturizer.

If you decide to add it, start out slow - you might purge a little (I did, not terribly but it was noticeable) and then you will sing its praises once you see how awesome it is. You hardly need any for your entire face. If you need more info on like how to use it PM me, I spent a long time searching everything Dan has on the website for bits and pieces of info on AHA+ - I wish he would make a coherent page on how to use it, instead of having info scattered everywhere like he does. Oh well!

So I've been using AHA+ for about a week or so in place of bp in the morning && my acne marks are fading! My skin also feels so soft & looks so much better. Thank you for the advice! =)

I second that, add AHA+ to your Regimen. That's what I did and it was the push that I needed to get 99% clear and it gives my skin this nice healthy glow. It also helps the red marks to be less noticeable - I'm not a makeup wearer and mine aren't noticeable due to the help of AHA+. Also AHA+ helps fade the red marks faster, and is an excellant exfoliant and (at most) once a day replacement for moisturizer.

If you decide to add it, start out slow - you might purge a little (I did, not terribly but it was noticeable) and then you will sing its praises once you see how awesome it is. You hardly need any for your entire face. If you need more info on like how to use it PM me, I spent a long time searching everything Dan has on the website for bits and pieces of info on AHA+ - I wish he would make a coherent page on how to use it, instead of having info scattered everywhere like he does. Oh well!

how long did it take for you to get 99% clear of the red marks?

im in the same situation as the OP, i started using AHA+ about a month ago and i can sort of see improvement, but its reeeeaaaaallly subtle

So I've been using AHA+ for about a week or so in place of bp in the morning && my acne marks are fading! My skin also feels so soft & looks so much better. Thank you for the advice! =)

You should use the AHA+ in place of moisturizer instead of the bp