Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jasroach

Best Sunscreen with acne

I need to find a good daily sunscreen and I've been having a lot of bad luck. I've even tried Payla's Choice Non-greasy spf 15 but it VERY greasy in feel and look.

Has anyone tried Oil of Olay Regenerist UV spf 15?

what's your best non acne or shine causing SPF????

I appreciate all the help smile.gif

Jason

I thought your favourite was Total Block 65, Trace?

I just asked Julie (from Bio2) to get some of that for me since she was going to the US for a week. Is it available in the shops?

[email protected] make's my own personal Face Dream Lotion (over 4 years now) mixed with a bit of Coppertone Sunscreen Gel. If I don't mix the two, it comes out looking wierd, but mixed and my skin looks perfect. So if you are using gel or liquid sunscreens, try mixing it with a moisturizer that you trust.

I need to find a good daily sunscreen and I've been having a lot of bad luck.  I've even tried Payla's Choice Non-greasy spf 15 but it VERY greasy in feel and look.

Has anyone tried Oil of Olay Regenerist UV spf 15?

what's your best non acne or shine causing SPF????

I appreciate all the help smile.gif

Jason

Guest Tracy

I thought your favourite was Total Block 65, Trace?

I just asked Julie (from Bio2) to get some of that for me since she was going to the US for a week. Is it available in the shops?

Guest Tracy
Nature's Gate DRY SPORTBLOCK SPF30

Has anyone bought this in the US at a local store? Which one?

The closest thing to a health food store I can think of around here is GNC, will look next time I'm near it. I'll keep hunting around the local stores.

Here is the research she cited. It was from some book...oh darn it I better go back and get his name before I post this. bb_icon_rolleyes.gif

EDIT: here it is! smile.gif

Quoting Andreas Moritz from his book "Key to health and rejuvination" (A MUST buy!!) available from www.authorhouse.com

Guest Tracy
thats why you get a sunscreen with uva-uvb protection

i use total block cotz sunscreen

spf58 against uva-uvb and contains titanium and zinc

it also seems to lessen the appearance of scars

http://www.totalblock.com/ got mine here

yeah they are expensive...

Plus when you add the 'international shipping' cost - bb_sad.gif

( also known as 'let's try and screw them out of as much money as possible by making it cost twice the amount of the product' - see my rant in the Lounge! ph34r.gif )

***Tracy76567***

You said you use Nature's Gate Sport SPF30...

i was looking through its ingredients.. you don't find that the PVP polymers (plastic resins) and the Titanium Dioxide clogs your pores??

Jason

Guest Tracy
***Tracy76567***

You said you use Nature's Gate Sport SPF30...

i was looking through its ingredients.. you don't find that the PVP polymers (plastic resins) and the Titanium Dioxide clogs your pores??

Jason

Thanks Tracy...

I've been on a search for a usable SPF and it's friggin hard to find... I've been through Accutane and now more acne prone skin is back... I use everything gentle and the proper way and I also use BHA's in the proper PH base to exfoliate, therefore tha's why i'm in a search for an SPF.

I'm between light to medium skin and olive complexion. I never used to burn or be sensitive to the sun... but all that has changed now. Which I don't mind because if it wasn't for this sensitivity I wouldn't care or bother with SPF and that wouldn't be good smile.gif

Anyhoo... I did find Nature's Gate SPF products at my local health food store.. I don't know if they have the one you mentioned specifically... I'll go get some tomorrow I think and inform myself on their return or exchange policy and give it a try...

Thanks....

I'll keep you posted on my progress smile.gif

Guest Tracy

Oh, I'm so glad you found it!! Be sure to look for the ones marked "DRY SPORTBLOCK" because the sportblock bottles look very similar to the regular bottles. It also comes in either SPF 15 or SP F30. I prefer the SPF 30. I can't wait to hear your opinion/thoughts on this sunscreen. I hope you love it as much as I do. smile.gif

Hey Tracy... bad news.. went to go buy it and it only comes in regular spf 15 and 30... no Dry Touch Sport... I would have bought it to try but the fact that the third ingredient is Shea Butter, I didn't think my pimples would love that smile.gif

Oh well I guess back to the drawing board..

Jason sad.gif

Guest Tracy

Hey Jason, why don't you ask them to special order it for you?

I will actually.. but first I'm going to check out other natural food stores that are in the area... If not, worse comes to worse, I can order it online...

While I wait, is there anything else you could suggest?