Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xya

Is this acne or some other condition?

img0427.png

I have these weird bumps all over my chest and shoulders. The tiny ones on the middle left of the picture only occur around the center of my chest and the slightly bigger ones are more spread out. The small ones don't seem to have the white stuff in them from what I can see, so I have no idea why they're sticking out. From here on I will be talking about the bigger ones with the white gunk in them. They're never red and inflamed, they never hurt when I touch them, and they never itch. If you look closely in the picture some of them stick out like a zit, but some are pockets of white gunk that are under the skin and they don't stick out. Another trait they all share is that it's extremely hard to pop them even though there is a follicle. I can squeeze as hard as I can and nothing will come out, not even the clear fluid that sometimes come out when you squeeze a pimple. The only few times I was able to pop a few of them were right after showers, and the stuff that comes out is dried white gunk (not the hardened yellow pellets).

Basically

- No inflamation, no pain, no itching

- Some stick out while others feel like they're deep under the skin

- Really hard to pop (even the ones that stick out)

- Dried white gunk inside

Does anyone have any ideas on what they are and what I should try to combat them?

When I looked at it, they almost look like black heads and you might want to try a body wash with those scrubbing beads in it! Cos they will gently scrub and loosen up all the gunk stuck in your pours.... And u mentioned squeezing your pimples deff dont do that! It will leave scars! those never go away :( deff get an extractor (and use it right after taking a nice hot shower so ur pours are completely open) But extractors are awesome I have one thats titanium! Plus extractors a lot safer for "popping" zits cos they are cleaner then using your fingers and u press down on the pimple instead of squeezing it so it wont leave you with any scars lol

Blackheads are suppose to be to dark in color and be exposed to the surface right? These ones aren't exposed to the surface at all

Oh I took a look at it again and zoomed in a little but looking at the pic a second time with closer examination they almost look like sweat bumps and they way your describing them sounds like a sweat bump or rash what ever you wanna call it... Do you play any sports that would make ya sweaty or where ever you live could you break out in like a sweat a lot for a long period of time... Cos those bumps kinda look what I had back in the spring but on my upper back and it turned out to be just some sweat bumps they started to go away on their own when the tanning salon i worked at wasn't reaching 100 plus degrees inside... I can do some research for ya on google if you want normally i just go on google images or type in google my symptoms see what comes up (I don't mind looking up anything to help you out I have no life it will give me something to do)... But u might have better luck doing it yourself too, since you know exactly what u have.... If worse comes to worse and you can't find a solution for it I would deff talk to someone about getting an appointment to see a dermatologist but i would deff try a few things be4 that step tho cos i hear they are A LOT of money to go see if u can't get it covered and what ever they prescribe u will prolly be really expensive too :/ but on a brighter note you'll get clearer skin! :D

I'm actually not a very active person so I pretty much never do any vigorous activities that would make the shirt rub against my skin and irritate it or sweat a lot. In fact, I rarely sweat at all. These bumps could have only formed during the last few summer months, but I dont really remember if I had them before that as my memory is terrible...so basically I dont really remember since when I had them...did your sweat bumps look like mine? white stuff inside? hard to pop?

I couldn't tell if there was anything in them cos they were on my back but i could feel them and I would ask my friends and my co-workers what they thought it was.... But my rash were bumps with no color really it was the color of my skin tone they might have had a little pinkish color... but they couldn't be popped cos they weren't a pimple and I did some research for you and it looks like you might have closed comedones????? Idk exactly what they are but it kinda looks like what you have of course pictures on google are always exaggerated but you get the point lol if you look it up on google you can do further research on it and really find out what you might have cos if your not very active and arn't sweating they deff aren't heat bumps or sweat bumps. But look up closed comedones online if those arn't what you have then im not really sure you can always put tea tree oil on them and see what happens but it you have sensitive skin make sure you put a little bit of tea tree oil in a water bottle (make sure it smells like it tho) and shake it up and apply it to your rash thing? lol with a cotton ball or q-tip do that 2-3 times a day and see what happens after a week it will dry your skin out!!!!!!!! Ive been apply it to my stomach pimples and they are almost gone thank god!!!! But if your problem doesn't go away then you might want to go see a doctor or ask someone about it!

thanks for the reply. i will definitely try the tea tree oil. it would be great if i can get some input from others before i go to a dermatologist

Yea sure just try that stuff and see what others do for closed comedones (if you think thats what the issue is) if the tea tree oil works let me know it works for me so i hope it does the same for you!!!! :D