Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Exsolve

I'm on my 6th day of Accutane and I have oily skin?

Ok well, accutane did reduce the amount of oil but the thing is that by 4:30pm ( around that time ). My face has become a oily again, should I face my face again? My skin doctor told me that I should wash my face the amount of time I wash my face before accutane ( it's 3 ), so should I wash it 3 or 2 times? ( Because I CAN NOT stand the oil )

I read on ehow that "Wash the face in the morning, afternoon when possibleand again before bed" for oily skin. Is that right? ( I have oily skin )

Edited by Exsolve

Sure, why not? Provided:

-you're not wearing a full face of makeup that needs to be reapplied (pain in the...).

-it's at a convenient time/place.

-you moisturize aftwerwards.

Better yet, get yourself some oil blotting papers. You'll go through them like crazy during this oil purging phase, but it is faster than the whole cleansing and moisturizing routine. Especially if you're out and about.

Sure, why not? Provided:

-you're not wearing a full face of makeup that needs to be reapplied (pain in the...).

-it's at a convenient time/place.

-you moisturize aftwerwards.

Better yet, get yourself some oil blotting papers. You'll go through them like crazy during this oil purging phase, but it is faster than the whole cleansing and moisturizing routine. Especially if you're out and about.

Thanks! I'll wash my face 3 times. ( I'm not going to use the oil papers because I had them and it made my face feel really weird )

That's alot of times. The more you wash the more oil your skin produces to make up for it, you may look good right after washing but not in the long run...don't worry though accutane will get rid of it soon :). I'm on week 6 and oil got worse at first but by week 2 oil was gone, just make sure to moisturize. And i haven't washed my face with anything but water for past 2 weeks and never looked better lol so washing doesn't help...on accutane even the mildest cleansers irritated my skin.

I say once a day in the morning is good, 2 tops. And i did have very oily skin before starting people actually asked if i put oil moisturizer on my face -_-. ramble.