Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone,

I got a bad case of acne due to BC around this time last year. This whole year was spent trying to get rid of it. I tried EVERYTHING - Obagi products, lemon juice, benzoyl peroxide, Duac, Murad, honey masks, organic face washes and toners, everything. Some of it helped for a little while, but nothing truly worked.

Then I went on vacation about a month ago, to Hawaii. I had the crazy painful kind of acne - tons of pimples were forming on my forehead, and I couldn't even raise my eyebrows without wincing. I usually stay away from facials (they're expensive, make my skin look terrible after, and have never really worked in my experience), but this time I called the hotel spa and made an appointment. In addition to receiving the only good facial I've ever had (expert extractions = no redness!) I was introduced to the Epicuren line by the esthetician.

She used many of their acne products on my face, but I purchased their acne cleanser, acne toner, and probiotic cream (as a moisturizer). One month later and my acne is virtually gone, and I highly credit this line for curing my stubborn acne.

My regimen:

-Shower. Wash face after in sink with cool water, Clarisonic brush, and Epicuren acne cleanser.

-Gently pat skin dry.

-Apply Epicuren acne toner.

-Apply a small bit of Aczone topical gel (I was using this prior to discovering Epicuren. I still use it just to be safe).

-Apply Epicuren probiotic cream and Elta MD sunblock (a special sunblock for acne. Contains zinc and is very light and highly recommended)

I do the same thing at night, minus the shower and sunblock. I also have found calamine lotion to be an effective mask, and La Prairie has a wonderful (although expensive) spot treatment that helps dry pimples overnight. These products all have great reviews, feel free to read them. I hope Epicuren helps someone with acne like it helped me! Good luck everyone! xx