Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lubyloo

Can I Get A Refund From Non Effective Laser

Hi everyone

I'm just wondering what the legal/moral right is for me to get a refund for the laser i had that to me and my husband has been a waste of money.

I'm 35 and have had acne since i was 14. I have tried everything but nothing has improved it. Someone recommended laser to me so i had 7 courses which cost £750 in total. The last treatment i has was about 3 months ago. Initially it did improve (not 100% clear) but people did comment on it looking better. The therapist advised me i would need the odd top up treatment in the future which i presumed would be in a years time or so.

My skin is just as bad as before. They reassured me it would drastically improve my acne and that it had been a success on many of their clients. I didn't go to a beauthy salon but an aesthetic clinic which seem to have more knowledge and qualifications on these sorts of things.

Do you think i should contact them and tell them about my skin?? I'm a bit aprehensive on doing this but surely it's legal to have a refund as it hasn't fulfilled the purpose for which it was intended and £750 is a lot of money to have wasted. I'd really appreciate your thoughts :rolleyes:

Once you've signed 'your life away' most people don't have any rights. In my case, I was advised by a lawyer to get before pics and take after pics. Then find at least one doctor (preferably a dermatologist) who can back you in court and say your damage is from lasers and not a 'natural' occurrence. Meanwhile, do extensive research on how to improve your skin naturally, in case it gets worse, you may be able to stop it in it's tracks, so to speak. Good luck!