Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirus2012

Can anyone recommend something for me?

Hi, I have spent some time around these forums trying to figure out my acne problem. I have had acne for about 5 years now, I am 18 now, and I am concerned it hasn't gone away yet.

I used to have acne really bad, like 6 months ago.. It got better maybe 3 or 4 months ago, but stopped making progress... I started taking vitamin D supplements, about 2-4,000 UI a day.. Should I keep taking vitamin D? Its a pain lol I hate swallowing pills. I have bad habits of touching my face, and picking at my acne... would I be better off leaving it alone?

I have some pictures, maybe someone can recommend something for me! Also, tell me how bad my acne is.. I feel like its really bad because I don't know anyone with worse acne than me irl!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac281/K...23/IMG00307.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac281/K...23/IMG00306.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac281/K...23/IMG00305.jpg

Edit: see photobucket account I guess... http://s908.photobucket.com/albums/ac281/Kirus79x/123/

Thanks in advance!

Edited by AKL
Links fixed

I was expecting acne a lot worse than what I actually saw in the pictures. Wow, you look great! Do you exfoliate at all? And if you do, do you exfoliate manually with a washcloth or brush or do you exfoliate chemically with glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acids, etc.?

I was expecting acne a lot worse than what I actually saw in the pictures. Wow, you look great! Do you exfoliate at all? And if you do, do you exfoliate manually with a washcloth or brush or do you exfoliate chemically with glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acids, etc.?

O_O

I don't know that much about soaps :)

I use that neutrogena oil free wash stuff

thats all I use nothing else 2 times a day..

Edited by Kirus2012

I SUGGEST U KEEP TAKING THE VITAMIN D BUT HOW ABOUT INSTEAD U TAKE A MULIT-VITAMIN? AND ALSO I WOULD START TAKING A GOOD AMOUNT OF VITAMIN A!!![/color]

ALSO! FISHOIL IS SUPPOSE TO BE VERY GOOD FOR HELPING REDUCE INFLAMATION, SO U MAY WANT TO TAKE OMEGA 3,6, AND 9SOMETHING I ALSO SUGGEST IS DRINKING A VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF WATER!!! ALSO I HEARD SQUEEZING LEMON JUICE IN WATER MAKES IT EVEN MORE EFFECTIVE! SADLY I CANNOT SEE THE PICS SO I CANT TELL U ABOUT YOUR ACNE=[OH ALSO!!!! I HAVE HEARD GREAT THINGS ABOUT GREEN SMOOTHIES! U SHOULD LOOK IT UP ITS VERY HEALTHY AND FULL OF NUTRIENTS WHICH YOUR BODY(AND SKIN) NEED, AND CONSIDER TAKING MILK THISTLE, IT AIDS IN LIVER HEALTH.

O_O

I don't know that much about soaps :)

I use that neutrogena oil free wash stuff

thats all I use nothing else 2 times a day..

lol! Don't act so surprised. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. I don't recommend the Oil Free cleanser. You should look into a glycolic acid cleanser that helps gently exfoliate your skin. Your skin just looks very congested. The glycolic acid loosens the 'stuff' that's lodged in your pores and gives you a more even skin tone. You should give it about 4-6 weeks to see an improvement.

Dollyjoon, can you please not write in such colorful and distracting font? It is very difficult to interpret what you're saying when you type like that. :)

Edited by Sima

I SUGGEST U KEEP TAKING THE VITAMIN D BUT HOW ABOUT INSTEAD U TAKE A MULIT-VITAMIN? AND ALSO I WOULD START TAKING A GOOD AMOUNT OF VITAMIN A!!![/color]

ALSO! FISHOIL IS SUPPOSE TO BE VERY GOOD FOR HELPING REDUCE INFLAMATION, SO U MAY WANT TO TAKE OMEGA 3,6, AND 9

SOMETHING I ALSO SUGGEST IS DRINKING A VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF WATER!!! ALSO I HEARD SQUEEZING LEMON JUICE IN WATER MAKES IT EVEN MORE EFFECTIVE! SADLY I CANNOT SEE THE PICS SO I CANT TELL U ABOUT YOUR ACNE=[OH ALSO!!!! I HAVE HEARD GREAT THINGS ABOUT GREEN SMOOTHIES! U SHOULD LOOK IT UP ITS VERY HEALTHY AND FULL OF NUTRIENTS WHICH YOUR BODY(AND SKIN) NEED, AND CONSIDER TAKING MILK THISTLE, IT AIDS IN LIVER HEALTH.

I'll definitely try taking multi vitamins over just vitamin d, thanks

lol! Don't act so surprised. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. I don't recommend the Oil Free cleanser. You should look into a glycolic acid cleanser that helps gently exfoliate your skin. Your skin just looks very congested. The glycolic acid loosens the 'stuff' that's lodged in your pores and gives you a more even skin tone. You should give it about 4-6 weeks to see an improvement.

Any product in particular you recommend? Honestly the only reason I knew enough to buy oil free wash was because my face feels oily lol.

Thanks

Any product in particular you recommend? Honestly the only reason I knew enough to buy oil free wash was because my face feels oily lol.

Thanks

Here is a cleanser I recommend with glycolic acid.