Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

I am a 16 year old kid with acne scars ( as seen by the photots..) I use to apply proactiv, but that hasent really worked out so for the past 2-3 months I have used a cream called "Differin XP" its a adapalene topical gel with 0.3% concentration. It has reduced the bumps and pimples on my face but hasent really contributed to lighten any of the scars shown.

The scars shown look far worse in real life (I dont know why haha, so please dont think these are very small, or light scars, judging from the pics as they appear quite dark/red when in sunlight)

Please advice what u think these scars are and any products/cures I can use to remove majority of these scars (or make then QUITE LIGHT)

MUCH THANKS!

post-155316-1312087324_thumb.png

post-155316-1312087314_thumb.png

post-155316-1312087314_thumb.png

post-155316-1312087324_thumb.png

Edited by acnevictime

from what ive been told red marks or pih marks fade with time

use gentle face washes or better yet just cold water twice a day and youl see results

works for me

the differin will fade those marks over time. You have young skin which is most cases is very resilient and repairs itself quickly.

Just make sure to wear sunscreen when you are outside! The sun will darken the marks and your skin is more sensitive to the sun because of the Differin which could increase that effect. If you wear sunscreen, you'll notice the scars fade more quickly.

the differin will fade those marks over time. You have young skin which is most cases is very resilient and repairs itself quickly.

Just make sure to wear sunscreen when you are outside! The sun will darken the marks and your skin is more sensitive to the sun because of the Differin which could increase that effect. If you wear sunscreen, you'll notice the scars fade more quickly.

I have been using differin for almost 2 months now, none of my scars are even lightly effected? Is there any way to lighten these scars quicker?

Edited by acnevictime

Acnevictime, have you tried emu oil for the marks ?

As the person before said, red marks fade with time but i really think emu oil will help them along.

i used to use it all the time but i've become intollerant to oils on my skin now for some reason :/

but when i did use it, it worked well at healing the marks faster and it didn't break me out at all.

i know supermodels swear by it.

have you been wearing sunscreen during the time you have been on Differin?

You can also use AHA while on Differin (just don't combine at the same time). On days when you are not going outside, apply some 10% AHA to your face (you can use acne.org, alpha hydrox, or neostrata). Just make SURE you are wearing sunscreen if you are going to use the AHA. If you're not going to use it, the AHA will do nothing and will probably just damage your skin further.

I have been using differin for almost 2 months now, none of my scars are even lightly effected? Is there any way to lighten these scars quicker?

Yes. Differin gel tends to augment the effect of anything you're using with it. I've been using it for 5 years, and one of the things I've noticed is that when I regularly use it in conjunction with certain toners or moisturizers, my hyperpigmentation lightens way faster. The products that do this for me always have niaminacide and/or vitamin c listed near the beginning of their ingredient list. I think Paula's choice products pretty much work the best for this because they always seem to have high concentrations of antioxidants, but I do remember seeing the beginnings of some results while using: Olay and CerVe lotions (broke me out horribly, so it's hard to say for sure). I like using both PC's RESIST: Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator and her Skin Balancing Toner. Just apply whatever you use 10 minutes before or after the differin (depending on what it is), but remember to use them both consistently and ALL OVER your face! At one point, I kept dabbing a PC toner just on this one annoying spot every night--and it worked, but I wasn't being careful with how I applied it (honestly, I didn't expect it to work so well) and the whole goddamn spot turned way lighter than the rest of my face....

If you don't wanna spend any money, or you wanna do something RIGHT NOW, maybe you could just try using differin in conjunction with a high concentration homemade lemon toner? Please note that I have never heard of anyone doing this, and I'm doubtful as to whether it could work...but I am now curious...update if you try it... Anyways, whatever you do, stay away from HQ for now, and be careful not to be overzealous and over apply. The truth is, you just gotta be patient when it comes this stuff.