Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trident67

How do I fix this bacne (pictures included)

I've seriously tried everything, and it never gets better. I don't know what to do anymore. I have it on my shoulders and some on my chest too. Ugh it's so depressing.

post-155236-1311966754_thumb.jpg

Any advice is helpful...

post-155236-1311966754_thumb.jpg

In my experience, bacne is caused by the shampoo/conditioners and the body wash you use.

As far as shampoos/conditioners, I have found that the cheaper/drugstore brands are made of lower quality ingredients and for some stupid reason, they ALWAYS break me out. Even John Frieda (which isn't all that cheap) breaks me out. And even Aveeno which claims to be gentle/natural etc breaks me out. The only hair products (shampoo/conditioner/styling products) I can use without breaking out are salon brands. My hair seems to like Redken, Paul Mitchell & Matrix brands, and I never ever break out from using those.

Luckily I can use drugstore brand bodywash...although not all brands work for me. For example, I have tried using Neutrogena body clear but have found that it's too harsh for my skin, strips it of its natural oils and breaks me out even worse. All Neutrogena body washes irritate my skin, come to think of it. That goes for Nivea, Tone, & Dove brands as well. Literally the only brand of bodywash I can use successfully without breaking out is Caress.

Also, lotions can cause back & body acne. As I'm sure you can gather from the above my skin is very particular! I can only use Lubriderm or Jergens DailyGlow...used to be able to use Jergens Cherry-Almond but that has broken me out recently. Also, I used to be able to use baby lotion (because it's uber gentle you'd think it would be moisturizing and non-irritating) but I've gotten body acne (chest/arms) from that as well. And I can't even THINK about using anything from Victoria's Secret or Bath & Body Works above my waist...those (and any) lotions work fine on my legs, but if I put them on my stomach and up, I break out every single time.

That also goes for sunscreens...geez my list seems to go on and on! I use water babies (want to say this is a Coppertone brand). For my face I use Neutrogena...funny how their products do okay on my face but not my body!

Sorry for writing a book on your post!

Hope this helps - good luck!

Thank you for the information! I was going to go shopping for some H&S to try out because a lot of people said it worked like a charm. I'll probably get some new shampoos and body washes to experiment with as well. Thanks for the tips!

I have the same problem only worse because I have keloid skin. I have to watch the products I use very carefully. Right now I have been breaking out on my chest,upper arms and shoulders. It is driving me nuts. I stopped wearing strapless tops/dresses a long time ago because of the keloids...then I thought I don't care what people think so I started wearing some again BUT NOW I can't again thanks to these series of breakouts. My dermatologist suggested I try minocycline- two doses of that and I felt like I was literately going to die! In the garbage it went.

I am at a loss for products to use in my hair let alone my body. I have been using dove for my body and neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser for my face. Does anyone have any suggestions??

I'm 38 and single...This acne is really not helping my cause!!!

I can only use Neutrogena on my face too... their body wash and especially the new sport one broke me out horrible. :(

Go to a salt water beach(ocean) on a hot day with no sun screen and stay in it for a long time.