Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AVERY16

24 yrs old and acne still...

I really have no idea what to do anymore. My acne never seems to stop, and if I shave it gets ten times worse. I have been accutane(generic) twice, just finishing my second course in February. I was all clear and the past few months have been awful. I don't go out if I don't have to and I feel trapped because I don't know what I should do next. Thanks for reading.

I'm right there with you. I don't go out either. I even convinced my parents to let me home school because of my skin. But I have to go to college in late August, not looking forward to that. I especially hate it when people say have you ever heard of proactive, implying we don't care how we look. But I bet everyone on this site takes better care of their skin than 99% of the population. Well good luck hope your's clears up.

yeah I know. Everyone here takes good care of their skin, more so than other people. It sucks that we have to suffer and have people tell us things we already know. Thanks for the reply bro and good luck to you also, I just graduated college so I know you will not have a problem.

Guest Timehealsall

im too scared to take tane...

but let me tell you, i am going to quit college because of my mild acne but i have scarring

Focus on your fitness, you'll get more confidence that way and instead of looking at your skin in the mirror, just flex those biceps instead :)

Going off that mentality I should have the utmost confidence but it isn't reality. Exercise, elimination of parabens, SLS, and alcohol, supplementation, phototherapy, prescriptions...acne is a fierce beast.

Skipped a class and a mandatory dorm meeting today because of it. Believe me I can relate, especially in the irony of having acne and being more educated about it. I'll be your age this fall and if my next devised treatment doesn't work I don't know what will. The lengths I've gone are quite ridiculous and I'm glad to be in a forum where we can all relate. Not that we should be in these circumstances at all, but just that we can empathize with others. :boohoo:

Guest Timehealsall
Going off that mentality I should have the utmost confidence but it isn't reality. Exercise, elimination of parabens, SLS, and alcohol, supplementation, phototherapy, prescriptions...acne is a fierce beast.

Skipped a class and a mandatory dorm meeting today because of it. Believe me I can relate, especially in the irony of having acne and being more educated about it. I'll be your age this fall and if my next devised treatment doesn't work I don't know what will. The lengths I've gone are quite ridiculous and I'm glad to be in a forum where we can all relate. Not that we should be in these circumstances at all, but just that we can empathize with others. :boohoo:

photo therapy?

photo therapy?

Phototherapy involves blue and red lights at specific wavelengths that are supposed to kill acne bacteria beneath the skin and promote collagen growth to heal the skin faster. Dermatologists use them sometimes and you can buy plenty of different setups. I paid $300 or so for the Lightwave CS one summer while I was still working but I'm ready to sell it since I'm poor and it doesn't appear to work for me anyway.