Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wakeand

What do you recommend

I had severe acne from the ages of 15-18 and then moderate acne for another few years. At this point my skin is clear on most days (Age 24). I am stuck with some acne scarring mostly on the left side of my face. I do not know how to rate it but I would say its moderate on most days depending on how negative I feel that day.

I used to lurk on here for tips when I was younger and this website has always been helpful. I stopped dropping in because it was just a part of my life I chose to ignore for a few years. My confidence began to increase as I worried less and less about my skin over those years. Albeit, I have kind of ran into a rough patch over the past month or so. My gf of 3 years dumped me which has really bruised my self esteem. It was not due to my skin, but I do want to work on diminishing the appearance of my scars.

I have began reading and was considering dermastamping as an option. I wanted to post my picture to see what treatment some of you may suggest with the type of scarring I have? I did not shave and I apologize. I hope the picture gives a decent idea of where I'm at.

post-154059-1310341305_thumb.jpg

post-154059-1310341305_thumb.jpg

you may want to try subcision and fillers. Dermastamping will be a slow process but could help. Everyone responds differently so sometimes you just have to try it all and see what results you get, let us know how it goes!