Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuMaurier

What have you been told are the odds?

Basically, my derm (Who happens to also happens to be a professor of dermatology) told me that since I'm a male over the age of 20 (I'm 24) that odds are, acne will more or less be a lifelong problem for me, and that if it would end, it would happen at around age 45 (andropause)

Have you been told something similar? It's not the end of my world or something, I just shudder of the thought of using creams and assorted meds until age 45 or over (Yes, I've been on Accutane)

I'm 29, and been told the same thing, that i would more than likely have acne on and off till the end!! But i don't believe that. No-one knows enough about acne to even cure it, so how can they say how long it will last in each person. I'm just waiting for the day i wake up and its packed its bags and moved on!

im 18 and have never been told anything like that, i've been told the opposite that i will grow out of it soon.. but i think that im not gonna grow out of it and become like one of u guys which is going to suck sad.gif

I think i heard that if it doesn't clear up noticeably by around the age of 22 then you most likely will have adult acne. Im 20 so i still got 2 years, cept its not really bad anymore so i guess ill just see.....

sweet 150 posts...go me.

The peak for acne on males is 18-20 and should die out by mid 20's. My father started getting severe acne when he was 17 or so and cleared up when he was 27.

Myself I have had acne 13-21 and now is pretty much cleared up. I have been on accutane twice which helped tremendously.

I don't know the diagnosis for those who have acne after mid 20's but the pertinent information has been presented above (I have done numerous studies of articles\reports\medical journals) My information is legit and not pulled out of thin air.

Personally I suggest going on acctunne again (gosh it wasn't fun, especially the 2nd time, it was literally hell for an entire year before my face recovered.)

I am 18 and have had acne since I was 12 or so... do any of u know when acne clears up for females??? my skin has improved quite a bit this year but that is probably because I have been eating more healthy

Guest Captain Chaos

I've just been told by lots of people 'oh it will clear up soon by itself'

I'm 20 years old have had it for....ummm since I was 14 or so..although it only started to get worse a couple of years ago...but seems that it's getting better

My parents never had acne my father only had it on his back which went when he was 26 I think.

I am 18 and have had acne since I was 12 or so... do any of u know when acne clears up for females??? my skin has improved quite a bit this year but that is probably because I have been eating more healthy

Well...............I m 22 and my dad is a prof of medicine as well and he says only cystic acne can be up to 45. Else its gonna end before 30. But hyperpigmentations and scars ...??

Have you guys in late 20s with acne.... developed all secondary sexual signs already?.. ... Breast hair? For i dont have yet. and that might be a sign of some hormonal problem....?

sorry guys...my english is sometimes stupid...how do you call that if you have that part of body like a child, tough you are grown.........? u know what i mean.call it hair fur or whatever......