Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mc21

Did DermaStamp recently -- Need support

One week ago, I performed a dermstampping session on ice pick stars on my temple area and a box car scar on my forehead using 2.0mm.

Some ice picks look darker and my boxcar, my biggest scar AND the one I treated the most aggressively, is the darkest. Because they appear darker, they appear worse. However, I do not think they truly are worse, as I do believe the cologen will fill in more and more after several weeks, its just the discoloration that bothers me the most!!

Before I started my dermastamp procedure, I was doing 40% glycolic peels every 2-3 weeks. My skin's complexion became smooth and more even toned. Also, my scars became less and less discolored. However, the glycolic peel didn't do as much as I like in filling in my scars. Hence, the reason I opted for the derma stamp process.

Now, after the dermastamp, I feel I have gone back 3 steps, in regards to the color of my scars. Perhaps they will fill in more, granted, but, the discoloration almost makes it irrelevant. Because of this aggravation, I am at a really pissed off at myself state for even doing the dermastamp process! :wall:

I guess I am looking for others who have experienced anything similar to me and can provide some reassurance that the darkness is part of the healing process and it will surely fade and that my scars will look better and/or any information.

Any ideas how long it will take to fade?

Any recommendations on what I can do to make it better?

I will be doing another 40% glycolic peel in a day or so because it did wonders for my discoloration before my dermastamp procedure. Wish me luck on that.

Thanks in advance..

damn these acne scars!!! :wall:

Hey there. I used a 1.0mm stamp on my forehead and the scars I have there were darker for about 4-5 days. So I would say that you should give it some time and stay hopeful. Don't stress about it and let them heal! It's been over three weeks since I first stamped and the redness is gone and the healing process seems to be taking shape. So just give it some time! :dance:

Thanks for the info. The places that I stamped on my temple areas were stamped normally. However, I stampped the one in my forehead more aggressively. A very light scab even formed after a day and fell off after 2 days on it's own. That area swelled much and the bruise a but more. Eventually, after 4-5 days, the areas on my temple faded away. Now, 1 week and 1 day later, my temples look fine again, meaning the area no longer looks discolored but the ice picks still appeared darker than before my dermastamp procedure. The scar area on my forehead is a boxcar scar and its actually two scars that are close together. This one, on my forehead, has faded since the dermastamping like the ones on my temple but they are still significantly darker. Albeit that they may have leveled more with my skin, their darkness makes them more apparent and because of this, look worse.

Correct me if i am wrong but I believe I did my temples as you did your areas. However, I believe I did my forehead more aggressively than you. My concern is because of my over aggressiveness I am screwed. A part of me just believes it will take longer and the discoloration will fade in time yet I still have that side of me thats freaking out.

Any thoughts? What can I do to help the discoloration safely go away?

I know most people are impatient for results (I sure am), but why not just focus on one scar or a couple and see how they react to the DermaStamp. After observing your recovery and any possible improvements you can continue with all your scars. We all have different skin, so we may react differently to different treatments (stating the obvious, I know, but it needs to be said)

The skin on your forehead is thinner so you use smaller needles. I used a 1.5mm on a small area on my forehead once and it caused hyperpigmentation that lasted for months. However I have asian skin (very light brown/olive) so this may have been a factor. i don't recommend anything above a 1.0mm on the forehead. I've actually gone down to 0.8mm which I think is enough. I use 1.5mm needles everywhere else.

Just to update you all on this thread. Everything is OK now. The area did clear up and its post-stamping color has faded.

The good news is that the scars have filled in more significantly than the other scars I stamped on my forehead.

The bad new, well there really isn't any except it just took longer to heal than the others!

I am sure that the 50% glycolic peel I did 1.5 weeks later helped as well.

Thanks to all..

I know I'm bringing up an old topic, but just wanted to say that I experienced something similar on my cheek recently....the entire area was red and eventually darkened - it's been 3 days already and it's slowly starting to fade, and I've noticed the area is peeling a little too. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign (I used a 2.0mm)...I'm just hoping the darkness really goes away soon, and of course...that those damned dents I have eventually start to fill out.

And for those who keep asking, you can buy dermastamps off of eBay - JGlobalSales is a really reliable seller. As for peels, I'm not sure on that.