Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mm6mm

My skincare routine--why isn't it working?!!!

hi guys,

im new here, actually i registered on these forums just cause i really needed to now whats my regimen isn't working..

so here it is:

am

wash with clean and clear sensitive skin foaming facial cleanser

apply EVOO

apply sunscreen when needed

pm

apply EVOO

apply BP when needed

okay so i cant stand BP cause it makes me all red and it hurts my skin really bad. i drink tons of water.... i used to take flaxseed oil and i cut that out cause it was making me break out even worse... but still i always break out a week before my period... i try to use all natural things on my face hence the EVOO... i know for a fact that is not the cause of my breakouts since i start breaking out as soon as i stop using it... it controls my acne significantly but my skin still isnt clear... actually i think the big problem is the acne scars... they wont go away and the monthly breakouts always leave fresh scars to deal with.... so what do i do?? i think over the past 10 years ive tried EVERYTHING.... i dont consume any sugars...no processed foods.... lots water and fruits and vegetable ...what am i doing wrong???

thanks for any/all the help!!!

hi guys,

im new here, actually i registered on these forums just cause i really needed to now whats my regimen isn't working..

so here it is:

am

apply EVOO

apply sunscreen when needed

pm

apply EVOO

apply BP when needed

okay so i cant stand BP cause it makes me all red and it hurts my skin really bad. i drink tons of water.... i used to take flaxseed oil and i cut that out cause it was making me break out even worse... but still i always break out a week before my period... i try to use all natural things on my face hence the EVOO... i know for a fact that is not the cause of my breakouts since i start breaking out as soon as i stop using it... it controls my acne significantly but my skin still isnt clear... actually i think the big problem is the acne scars... they wont go away and the monthly breakouts always leave fresh scars to deal with.... so what do i do?? i think over the past 10 years ive tried EVERYTHING.... i dont consume any sugars...no processed foods.... lots water and fruits and vegetable ...what am i doing wrong???

thanks for any/all the help!!!

That sucks that BP irritates your face like that. I use BP in the morning and evening and it feels like im putting on nothing. I don't get any side effects at all. You might want to try Tea Tree Oil. It has some of the same effects as BP but its all natural.

Could be that your acne's entirely hormonal. You might want to consider trying birth control or spiro to regulate your hormones. But I dunno...i still think you should test out laying off the EVOO for a month to see if that's the cause. I used to use jojoba oil (and at one point EVOO) as my moisturizer and while it made my skin feel nice and glowy, it definitely caused breakouts. Unfortunately, it took me a long time to realize that the zits it was causing didn't actually surface until weeks later. The thing is, oil penetrates deep, and acne is a symptom of too much sebum, so it might not be a good idea to add more into the mix. Sometimes I imagine my pores are still trying to push it out. But everyone's different so you just gotta do what you feel is best.

Also, I just edited to add that it looks like you're missing an exfoliant in your routine. Exfoliating is a really important component in anyone's skincare routine (dead skin cells clog your pores and cause acne). Maybe it's time to try a BHA or AHA.

Edited by alphabetpony

i ordered some BHA paula's choice 2 % lotion, online...recieved it a few days back...and it hasn't seem to have done anything for my acne.. it left my skin feeling very smooth and supple but i donno...my skin feels so much more vulnerable now... i got some samples of the AHA gel so ill try that and see if it works but overall ....i just can't see any hope or reason for my acne... i don't have any intention whatsoever of taking birthcontrol pills cause i just don't find the side effects to be worth the benefit.. (im a thyroid patient and taking supplement of estrogen decreases the absorption of the medication that im on...so all in all the chances of gaining weight from birth control is just not worth it for me) that and ive heard that once u get off of bp the acne just comes back full force...

ive tried homeopathic treatment..didn't work... donno maybe ill take cod liver oil next...or ill try the ACV what im really worried about now is that ill be moving overseas soon and probably won't be able to find most any of the products im using now so i am looking to search for an all nautral regimen that i can use in any part of the world... i used to use an egg yolk mask everyday for 3-5 years and had pretty clear skin (definitly a HECK of alot better than it is now... maybe like one zit during my period and that was about it...) and would only wash my face with water and on EVOO.... im thinking ill have to go back to that routine as it was the only thing that genuinly kept my skin clear... i used to use a besan + turmeric +sour cream mask every other day and maybe that was why my skin was clear nevertheless..

i think im going to be giving up on all products soon.. no point in getting hooked on something that isnt' availabe in the middle east (thats where ill be heading this fall) id appreciate any comments anyone has about ..well about my thoughts i guess...lool.... =)