Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
betsy91

Spironolactone and Moods

Hi! I'm taking Spiro and it's been working great! i love it! The only bad side affect is that my emotions go crazy! I'm either really angry and aggrivated or so depressed and crying! I try to stay positive but I'm so emotional! I guess because more estrogen is able to take over my body so i'm like a crazy, hormonal girl. But I want to be able to fix the way I feel....

I've been on it for about two weeks. I notice a change in my mood almost immediately when I pop a pill

Yeah, that's normal. I was like that also and so I stopped taking it after 3 months. I couldn't stand feeling like I pregnant!

when you got off it did you notice more of a break out? I try drinking alot of chomomile tea to relax which helps. I also make sure I'm alone alot, in which I cry because I have acne or have all this anger lol It's pretty cool I guess cuz i can relax my face and not have to wear make up

Stay with it. I started spiro almost a month ago and the first 2 to 3 weeks I had pretty bad depression where I sat in the house all day, had NO motivation to do anything and the exhaustion was crippling (emtionally and physically). I was also getting mild to moderate panic attacks and was having a hard time breathing deeply. I decided to stick it out and almost 4 weeks in I'm feeling SO much better. Every day gets a little bit better for me so please if you can, stick it out. I think it will be worth it. Obviously I understand that everyone reacts differently to medication but for me everything has been starting to clear up (skin included).

If that doesn't help, maybe perhaps lower your dosage. How much are you taking as of now?