Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LovetheLife

stupid CYST on my nose

Heyy, so I sually have relatively mild/moderate acne depending, and even that drives me nuts, but recently as it is summer and I sweat a lot once outside, I've gotten a couple cysts. The first one I got was on my forehead, and without me touching it at all (aside from washing my face, of course) it is almost gone three weeks later. But just now I got this huge-ass one on the side of my nose. It's mega red and really big. It hurt yesterday but I've been applying hot compresses on it, so now although its the same size, it doesn't hurt as much. The swelling is almost gone since I have been taking Ibuprofin. But I want to go out clubbing tomorrow night, and its driving me wild. If I keep on applying hot compresses to it will it go down a bit/form a head you think? Or what else could I do to make it less noticeable, or even make it gone in a week instead of three!?? Please help, I hate it!

You should apply ice to it instead of hot compresses if you want the swelling to go down.

You should apply ice to it instead of hot compresses if you want the swelling to go down.

Yeah I always noticed that applying ice on cysts they would go down. Only thing you can do is that and take anti inflammatory like ibuprofen or aleve. Whatever you do... don't touch it. Don't irritate it at all. That will make it worse.

Edited by jkalex05

I HAVE ONE THERE TOO!! Right now :boohoo: I was doing so well and then I picked a tiny red bump and it turned into a cyst in two days!! I have been going mad trying to do something to fix it. Its huge and extremely painful! I just went to a theme park and spent the day in the sun. I have honey and a bandaid on it right now to sleep, I heard it will reduce the size.

Best of luck!!

I HAVE ONE THERE TOO!! Right now :boohoo: I was doing so well and then I picked a tiny red bump and it turned into a cyst in two days!! I have been going mad trying to do something to fix it. Its huge and extremely painful! I just went to a theme park and spent the day in the sun. I have honey and a bandaid on it right now to sleep, I heard it will reduce the size.

Best of luck!!

Thanks! I'm going to go out clubbing tonight regardless of my cyst, and I'm trying not to let it bother me... but do you find other people care when you have a big pimple? Like if you cover it up fairly well and don't mess with it, do you think other people would really care either?I ask just because I'm going out tonight, I don't want to feel horrible looking, I want to have fun.....!