Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Ive been using the DKR for about 6 months and while it has helped some my acne is stuck at this one point and it wont get any better. Its not horrible just on my cheeks I have a bunch of little pimples that I can feel but you cant really see its just red and there are some red dots. So if you saw me from a little bit away it wouldnt look like I have any acne. every now and then I will get a big white head. My mom has had really bad acne and she has been using Sulfacetamide for a while and she says its worked the best out of everything she has used. She gets a script for a huge bottle. The BP is tearing up my skin even with Dans moisturizer. So I want to start using this but Im scared to just stop the BP. Can I use both and taper off the BP or will it not really make a difference and I should just go to the sulfur. Also has anyone used this med? Did it work? Any replies would be helpful I did try to search the forum for more info on sulfur but I didnt really find any that talked about this.

Thanks

also I am male so no birth control or anything like that.

I am about to start using sulfacetmaide today. My dermatologist told me to try using this Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% Lotion every morning and to use Retin A at night. I'll let you know how things go for me.

I had been using a benzoyl peroxide-based acne regimen before this and it really irritated my skin as well. I am hoping this will work out better.