Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm looking for a gentle cleanser for oily skill that won't make me red/dry-tight and make me feel fresh and clean, remove all the oils and residue.

The one I'm currently using is not too bad but I feel like it dries me too much when using it too much.

And I came to a conclusion, that all those oily skin made cleansers are focused on drying your skin and that doesn't really help you produce less oil, I'm looking for gentle cleanser to clean it, with good pH.

Any advices?

And what about Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

or

Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/extra+ge...lers&page=4

however it's ingredients are :

Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Isohexadecane, TEA-Cocoyl Glutamate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Bisabolol, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, BHT, Geranium Maculatum Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

I see Alcohol twice.

Not sure lol.

And remember I got oily skin that tends to be a bit dry sometimes after washing, I want to cleanse with something that really cleanses the oils out and stuff, but not overdry and feel fresh.

Hello,

I JUST bought Etival (Shoppers Drug Mart) skin clarifying gentle cleanser and toner. I've used it twice and already my skin feels better. I've used their Vitamin C moisturizer in the past and liked it as well. My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil or Spectro gel for my tempermental, acne prone skin but after giving them both a good go at different times I didn't like them. I found the Cetaphil to be too scented and I didn't like how there was no lather at all. The Spectro gel was a little better, but I found it to be too drying. I've also tried the Proactive cleanser (a few years ago), which is really more of an exfoliator. At that time my acne was very mild and I think it really helped to keep me totally clear. My derm feels like I need a retinol now (following the birth of my son my skin went crazy). She said Proactive would be too harsh in combination with other topicals. I havn't started to retinol yet, but I'm hoping it will be okay with the Etival!!