Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VitaminofLove333

Linking In Blood Types

Ever thought that were not all thes ame in the way our bodies process and handle food? Well, you were right.If youve been to the docotr enough youll know that there a four different blood types:O,A,B,and AB (a hybrid)

Each blood types is completely different in how it loses weight, deals with infections, what it eats, and how it maintains optimum health. So it makes sence that eating and living by your blood types guidelines will contribute to clearer skin, right? Well, thats what I opt to find out.

Ill give you a breif walk through on the blood types.

Type O: Type O was the earliest blood type to appear in humans,als othe most popular in mdoern days, that is why most African Americans are Type O. Type O cannot process dairy or wheats and gluten. Type O beneifts from lean meats, seafood and vegetables. Type O also beneifts from high intesity exercise.

Type A: Type A, also, cannot porcess gluten and dairy very well. Type A also has a problem with digeting meat. That is why, if you are Type A ,it is advised you consider a vegatarian life style. Type A benefits from more calming exercise such as yoga.

Type B: I dnot know too much about B, except for a few things ( but im gonna study!) Type B is the only blood type that can handle dairy.

Ill give out more info to those who ask and would like to know more about blood types, lifestyles and there possible link to acne.

This topic is fascinating to me, and I'm reading a book on it right now as well. Here's what I don't get though. I am type O. But I have NEVER had digestive issues nor health issues and I eat wheat, gluten, dairy, etc... never have needed to avoid those things. So, if my blood type can't handle those things, why do they not cause me any issues?? As for the acne, I absolutely do not believe they are connected to what I eat and I'll tell you why. My acne goes 100% away when I am pregnant or on the pill. My diet, which is well-rounded and rich in ALL food groups does not change, yet my skin clears up with that major hormonal shift. In any case, I guess I'm just pondering out loud why the food that are SUPPOSED to bother people with my blood type don't bother me.....

This topic is fascinating to me, and I'm reading a book on it right now as well. Here's what I don't get though. I am type O. But I have NEVER had digestive issues nor health issues and I eat wheat, gluten, dairy, etc... never have needed to avoid those things. So, if my blood type can't handle those things, why do they not cause me any issues?? As for the acne, I absolutely do not believe they are connected to what I eat and I'll tell you why. My acne goes 100% away when I am pregnant or on the pill. My diet, which is well-rounded and rich in ALL food groups does not change, yet my skin clears up with that major hormonal shift. In any case, I guess I'm just pondering out loud why the food that are SUPPOSED to bother people with my blood type don't bother me.....

Some people can be more senstive to it than others. For instance, my whole family is type O. Me and my dad get stomach aches and other problems when we eat alot of dairy. ON the other hand, my younger sister and mtoher arent near as sensitive, and it it freely without having digestive issues.

But, if youre studying this, you may be aware that, even if one does not show senstivity to the product, it can effect them later down the road with diseases such as athritis.

Well, if you are on the pill, you are likely to clear up. Many people use contraceptive pills to prevent and hlep acne, for it does work. So maybe this pill is jsut clearing you up. As I did say, everone is different, therefore you may not be sentive to the foods that are not good for your blood type. That doesnt mean there doing you a favor though. You are very lucky that you arent as sensitive as some :)

I'm not entirely convinced by the blood type diet, although there is some validity to it. I've personally never heard the blood type B being able to handle dairy better than the other blood types but I suppose it may have some validity in that aspect as well. I'm a B blood type and I've never broken out from dairy but either way I don't include it in my diet.

Edited by chunkylard

After seeing this I was interested. Googled around and read about 6 articles. According to most scientists and ND's, the blood type diet is a total scam with no real evidence. It's always good to look at both sides. I looked up what type O blood people should and shouldn't eat, and one thing that struck me was that the chart said any coconut is EXTREMELY irritaing to type O people. I eat coconut like 5 times a day with no side effects lol.

Yeah, theres always to sides to one stor. It was merely a consideration. Ive found though, that when I eat diary and gluten I feel sick. So maybes theres some evidence to it. Everyones different, as ive said times before.

"Well, if you are on the pill, you are likely to clear up. Many people use contraceptive pills to prevent and hlep acne, for it does work. So maybe this pill is jsut clearing you up."

Just a note: I haven't been on the pill in almost 10 years. Would never put that kind of thing in my body again! ;>) I was just making note of how for ME, the hormonal shifts of pregnancy and the pill have been the two main components of me being clear in my adult life. Diet has never helped or not helped....

Anyhow, fascinating to learn about the blood-types/diet thing, but frustrating too... Doesn't matter what topic you research there are always sources out there that say one thing and sources out there that say the contrary. Overwhelming to sift through, and then, who's actually right anyway? Seems like there are opposing opinions & evidence for anything and everything....

is this a scientific theory? do you have any science whatsoever that supports this theory?

how else would anybody know this stuff otherwise?

thanks.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

"Well, if you are on the pill, you are likely to clear up. Many people use contraceptive pills to prevent and hlep acne, for it does work. So maybe this pill is jsut clearing you up."

Just a note: I haven't been on the pill in almost 10 years. Would never put that kind of thing in my body again! ;>) I was just making note of how for ME, the hormonal shifts of pregnancy and the pill have been the two main components of me being clear in my adult life. Diet has never helped or not helped....

Anyhow, fascinating to learn about the blood-types/diet thing, but frustrating too... Doesn't matter what topic you research there are always sources out there that say one thing and sources out there that say the contrary. Overwhelming to sift through, and then, who's actually right anyway? Seems like there are opposing opinions & evidence for anything and everything....

Yeah, there are ALWAYs opposing opinions. I made this thread as sort of a ponder about it and a consideration, hoping others would know about it too. Lol. Good for you, for getting of the pill.

As ive said, some are sensitive to diet, some are not. :)

Im no scientist, just a teen. I just cmae across this idea and decided I should share it.

is this a scientific theory? do you have any science whatsoever that supports this theory?

how else would anybody know this stuff otherwise?

thanks.

I'm no scientist, its jsut something interesting I came across that I thought I would share. But my source is a book called Eating Right 4 Your Type: 4 Diets, 4 Types by Dr. J.D. Adamo