Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Portis

Probiotics and B5

I'm interested in the B5 and pro-biotics regimen, but had two quick questions.

1. Does either of the regimens effect your skins sensitivity to sun light?

and

2. Is the pro-biotic regimen dependent on that you continue the regimen after you are clear? I ask because with pro-biotics your are introducing live organisms to your body; is it plausible that they could become sustainable?

Guest davidtheskinking

Great questions, your body benefits from both either way so it's smart to include them in your diet.

There is also something called pre-biotics which is the pre-formation of probiotics so getting these are good too.

When you restore the good/bad bacteria in your gut it's much better and can sustain itself longer but it's still healthy and beneficial for the skin to get B5 and probiotics on a regular or every once in a while basis.

Hope this helps,

I did some of my own research and answered my second question. Research has shown bacteria counts drop dramatically in your BM's once you stop taking pro-biotics. So my guess is that you have to keep taking it to sustain the benefits.

Also, I've seen nothing about either causing higher skin sensitivity to sunlight.

and

2. Is the pro-biotic regimen dependent on that you continue the regimen after you are clear? I ask because with pro-biotics your are introducing live organisms to your body; is it plausible that they could become sustainable?

You really cant go wrong with the probiotics. For some people especially men it seems to work wonders.

No they don't make you photo sensitive. And Id imagine someone who is in need of supplementation to begin with either is not eating enough foods that contain probiotics, the foods they are eating that should contain them are "stripped" of them (think processed/treated foods), or conditions in the gut do not allow them to thrive, i.e. infection or ph imbalance etc. When I started taking them I noticed a slight improvement in my skin (my issue was copper toxicity) once I got to the real root of my problem though I did keep it in my diet. I only supplement once or twice a week though, and I do that by listening to my gut...if im having digestive issues of any sort, then I know its time to take more. I do have lactose and gluten allergies so thats how I know, if the balance is off then the symptoms appear.

google the peer reviewed article, acne and the gut brain skin axis, it will give you a good idea of the action of probiotics in relation to the skin. its a good read.

and

You really cant go wrong with the probiotics. For some people especially men it seems to work wonders.

No they don't make you photo sensitive. And Id imagine someone who is in need of supplementation to begin with either is not eating enough foods that contain probiotics, the foods they are eating that should contain them are "stripped" of them (think processed/treated foods), or conditions in the gut do not allow them to thrive, i.e. infection or ph imbalance etc. When I started taking them I noticed a slight improvement in my skin (my issue was copper toxicity) once I got to the real root of my problem though I did keep it in my diet. I only supplement once or twice a week though, and I do that by listening to my gut...if im having digestive issues of any sort, then I know its time to take more. I do have lactose and gluten allergies so thats how I know, if the balance is off then the symptoms appear.

google the peer reviewed article, acne and the gut brain skin axis, it will give you a good idea of the action of probiotics in relation to the skin. its a good read.

^ How long before you started noticing a difference with probiotics?

Also, weird question, Did you ever know an undigested probiotic pill in your stool? The very first one I took appeared in my stool unbroken.