Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
japjeev

Big acne breakout: am i purging or breaking out

So i started my new regimen 2 weeks ago and until one week my skin was really doing good and getting clear. I was really happy and then next week my skin got small breakouts and then after a day a couple of big breakouts. My skin got really bad so i left my regimen for 2 days and try to heal my skin with a spot treatment. which made my skin worse because i was on a natural skin care regimen. so i am wandering was i purging or what? i really hope i am purging because the first week of the regimen was healing my skin and getting back to its own ways.

It is probably an initial breakout. Sometimes they don't happen until a few weeks after a new product is added. It'll go away most likely if you continue your treatment.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Frankly, I never really know that I am breaking out or i am purging. Once upon a time, I tried a regimen, where the purging is supposed to happen in the first few weeks, like a month, and I started getting cysts in the first month. I thought its purging and continued the regimen for like 2 months. After the end of two months, I was still getting cysts and my face was hell. So I guess, I would never ever know whether its purging or break out. Now, there is also one more thing called as Initial breakout, and there is a huge difference between Initial breakout and purging..Purging is what is already there behind the skin and IB is a reaction to the new regimen, which would eventually go away. So unless you let some time go, you would never know whether its purging, IB or just breakout in general. Some people know by the size of the zits, but some people never know...

Could be getting worse before better. My advice would to stick with it for a few more weeks to see if you obtain any results.

What is your regimen?

Usually with any skin care regimen, I have observed, first week is like wow, I am almost clear, second week, its like oh no, it was going so well, what are these small bumps again, and third week is like, oh ghosh, big breakout, I guess this regimen is not for me, however, if you cross that 1 month mark, some times the results are awesome. But this is not always, but it could happen, so ya wait for sometime...

Could be getting worse before better. My advice would to stick with it for a few more weeks to see if you obtain any results.

What is your regimen?

Its pretty basic

Morning

Cleanse

Apply ALoe Vera Gel

Evening

Cleanse with water only

Apply Honey/turmeric/lemon mask leave for 30-60 mins

Before Bed

Apply Alpha Hydroxy cream

SO pretty much a regimen made for healing skin what is your feedback on it?

What is your regimen?

Its pretty basic

Morning

Cleanse

Apply ALoe Vera Gel

Evening

Cleanse with water only

Before Bed

When you use turmeric and lemon, it definately brings the white stuff out, so it could be the purge.. I have used it personally, and whenever I use it at places where I dont have pimples, I get small whiteheads there, or sometimes pustules. However, it dries up the existing pimples so fast.Do you use the mask on entire face??

What is your regimen?

Its pretty basic

Morning

Cleanse

Apply ALoe Vera Gel

Evening

Cleanse with water only

Before Bed

When you use turmeric and lemon, it definately brings the white stuff out, so it could be the purge.. I have used it personally, and whenever I use it at places where I dont have pimples, I get small whiteheads there, or sometimes pustules. However, it dries up the existing pimples so fast.Do you use the mask on entire face??

everything except my forhgead which just has mild acne. my cheeks have moderate acne

You should try spot treating them with the mask that you currently use instead of putting on entire cheeks and chin.Just put it on the places where you currently have acne.

You should try spot treating them with the mask that you currently use instead of putting on entire cheeks and chin.Just put it on the places where you currently have acne.

well i only put on my cheeks and chin even though my chin has no acne at all. SO should i just put it on my cheeks where my acne is active the most? Also do you know anything that lightens my skin because acne and the scars have been really darkened it aalong with the tan from sun

well i only put on my cheeks and chin even though my chin has no acne at all. SO should i just put it on my cheeks where my acne is active the most? Also do you know anything that lightens my skin because acne and the scars have been really darkened it aalong with the tan from sun

Yes, try putting just on the cheeks and also only on the parts of the cheek where you have spots.Like put it just above the spot. Also for lightening the skin, fullers earth is a great product. Its natural. You can buy some pure fullers earth and soak it in water, and apply the paste to the places where you have dark spots, within two to three days, you will observe that the spots are lightened. Also, it gives a cooling affect on the skin, unlike the lemon which gives a stingy affect for a minute.

Yes, try putting just on the cheeks and also only on the parts of the cheek where you have spots.Like put it just above the spot. Also for lightening the skin, fullers earth is a great product. Its natural. You can buy some pure fullers earth and soak it in water, and apply the paste to the places where you have dark spots, within two to three days, you will observe that the spots are lightened. Also, it gives a cooling affect on the skin, unlike the lemon which gives a stingy affect for a minute.

hmm thanks a lot makes sense now