Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myskinisHELL

I don't know what skin type I have... Oily but flaky?!

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

Soooo... how do I hydrate it? I already drink lotsa water daily and I don't want to use moisturizer. I want to keep my skin care routine as simple as possible.

Soooo... how do I hydrate it? I already drink lotsa water daily and I don't want to use moisturizer. I want to keep my skin care routine as simple as possible.

when your skin is dehydrated your skin produces more oil to compensate it, some derms say that moisturizer must not be included but latest evidence tells the contrary, which means you must use a moisturizer, dry skin is not good whatsoever on acne treatment

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

check if your SA pads have alcohol bc if they do thats why your skin is tight yet oily-beleive me

Edited by helena870

check if your SA pads have alcohol bc if they do thats why your skin is tight yet oily-beleive me

Oh, they do. In face, it's the first ingredient. I'm not going to use it anymore. Just going to use all natural cleansing wipes.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by i am ashley.

The alcohols to be concerned about in skin-care products are ethanol, denatured alcohol, ethyl alcohol, methanol, benzyl alcohol, isopropyl, and SD alcohol, which can be extremely drying and irritating to skin, as well as capable of generating free radical damage.

(Sources: "Skin Care—From the Inside Out and Outside In," Tufts Daily, April 1, 2002; eMedicine Journal, May 8, 2002, volume 3, number 5, www.emedicine.com; Cutis, February 2001, pages 25–27; Contact Dermatitis, January 1996, pages 12–16; and http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh27-4/277-284.htm).