Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest mariacne

Hormonal Acne - Ovaries or Adrenals?

Guest mariacne

Hello fellow sufferers

I was just wondering, I keep taking herbs/vitamins etc to balance my hormones, usually by calming the ovaries or the pituitary gland - herbs like Agnus Castus or Dong Quai & they never seem to do much, whatever is causing my acne is very much still pumping away - it's almost like my body is overactive and I wish it would chill out & give me a hormonal break.

I think I might have endometriosis, but when I go to the Dr's it's such a traumatic experience trying to get them to listen to my symptoms.

Anyways, what do you all think about the adrenals? I could be wasting time worrying about my ovaries when it's my adrenals causing me grief. A couple of years ago I took licorice, a supplement for UNDERACTIVE adrenal glands and my symptoms went through the roof! My skin was awful! So maybe if I took something for OVERACTIVE adrenals my skin would go the other way & clear up. I heard Chamomile is good for it, might be worth a try.