Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can i use Dan's AHA all over my face at night to help my acne? Does anyone else use Dan's AHA like this & does it help get rid of acne?

I don't use bp anymore because it gives me bad reactions

also, does Dan's AHA expire? My bottle is probably around a year old.

It is advised to only use it a few times a week if not your skin will start looking all rubbery.

I so envy people whose skin is able to tolerate AHA. My skin can't even handle PHA and Lactobionic acid after accutane. It is such a shame.

When you say it can't tolerate it what does that mean? it burns for hours? turns your spots red? face red? the lac hyrin five i started using it every other night and it burns for a min then goes away, is that normal?

I definitely do not recommend using AHA+ all over your face often. It is a very powerful exfoliator and burns a lot. It's great for spot treatment though. Maybe use it all over once or twice a month.

Also if you know you have a specific area that you break out often (mine is my right cheek), you can spread a very very very thin layer on it once a week but I don't recommend it any more often than that. It smooths your skin A LOT, it's very noticeable, and you don't want uneven skin texture.

You can but it might not be best to start that way, let your skin get use to it first.

My only issue with the AHA is my skin feels so damn oily with it on, it's definitely not practical in my opinion for day use if you're going to be leaving the house, just night.

As for expiring, I'm not sure, probably takes several years.. I just started using mine again and I've had it for probably a year as well. It's exactly the same as it was when I got it so I doubt it's bad, so yours is probably fine.

Edited by wham