Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So as of this moment this is my situation.....

im 17 , black unemployed have some acne scars ( its wierd , some of the ones on nose are like pits or something) and am in college.

ok on the bright side , the regiment is working faster than i thought! the first day i used it though I did develop a break out on my chin and on my fore head so i decided to tweak it a little bit ( instead of a bar of acne soap i use a facial cleanser that has steric acid in it and inbetween the face wash and bp application i used a astrigent to clean out my pores alittle more and it seems to work a hell of alot better for me and my face doesnt seem to dry out as fast , must be the proactive mosturizer i still had left) Im doing well in college and just passed a test in algebra!

on the bad side , i turn 18 next year. that means that i get my settlement money from when i got burnt as a child. which seem like its a good thing but in accuality i could be a whole new set of problems. the only real problem i have is wether or not to get surgury to repair the damage i did to my face when i was a little younger( see i didnt know that acne left scars s i kinda just started to pop them. and when i turned 15 i learned that it just makes my acne worse and it leaves scars). see i really want to save some of the money to open my game desing studio. also i plan on giving my mom a good chunk of the money and my other brother( who didn't get burnt and is prety much broke at the moment- which is strange becuase hes 19 and has a job!)some as well which will leave about $40,000

for my self . and i really wanted to go back packing through china and japan which i know is gonna cost me a small grip. so in the end that will leave me about $30,00 for my game desing company. now i could just get plastic surgury and a skin peel but that would cost me another fine or ten thousand dollars.

i know that it would be a major self esteem boast. but MY GOD! THE COST IS OUT RAGIOUS AND I HAVE PLANS. Now i know that this seems stupid and im shure that everyone here would die for that kind of money but im not shure what to do and i really need help. i don't want to ask my mom or brother becuase they will say im fine just the way i am.... but thats what they are supposed to say, they are my family after all bb_icon_rolleyes.gif . any suggestion would be cool. If you want you could tell me what you would do. bb_neutral.gif

hmm , maybe, but I'm not shure if the surgury is worth it. im not trying to be a male model or anything( but i was pretty hansome before i got acne and i still think iu am). and I really do want to get away from home for a while.

i think i have about 100, 000 maybe 90, 000 i really didn't read the last bank statment. but i plan on giving about 30,000 to my mom ( shes been living in apartments all her life but she does have a really nice job now and i think that the 30'000 i give her can be used for a down payment on a house or something or atleast a vaction) then i want to give about 20'000 to my other brother. also my little brother was burnt to and when he turn 18 ill make shure he does the same thing that i did

well you look kinda hot in that photo of yours , so if a fine girl says that i should rethink going to china then i might reconsider and just go to mexico ( hey 10 dollars is like 100 there so i can scqueeze alot more money out of it)

You're an awesome guy dude, putting your family before yourself. Remember though too that you have your own problems as well. I would postpone the trip as well, work out the surgery if you decide to go through with it, and start your company if you really wish to do so. If that worked out, you'd easily have enough money someday to take that trip.....twice smile.gif

Now thats a good idea. thanks i think i will postpone that trip. but I will take a trip to mexico anyway. i mean 1000 bucks turns in 10,000 over there! miight as well go there and get drunk.

Yo man i suggest you take the trip to Japan. It will teach you alot and you will gain new perspectives on things... sure you can go when your older but NOW is the time to learn and gain knowledge from far off cultures, while your STILL YOUNG.

Go on a trip and clear your thoughts and get some wisdom, THEN come back and decide what your gonna do.

hi there..

I went to japan a couple of mths ago and it was beautiful. Fantastic wonderful place.

I suggest.. u skip plastic surgery. Just treat your scars and you'd be fine!! smile.gif Plastic surgery is like self-torture. putting yourself through hell.

Do go for the trip.

It's always amazing to experience a totally different culture..and Japan is a good choice. China (i went there for 3 weeks before).. well, it's good too, but why not wait till it's nearer 2008 and they'd have fixed up the place already for the next Olympics. wink.gif

laugh.gif Hahahaha , funny stroy how it happend. see me and my other two brothers and my mom had just moved to a new apartment ( it was a one bedroom apartment which was a major step down from the 4 bed room apartment we just moved out of- rather were kicked out of, but thats a whole diffrent story.). Anyway , me and my younger brother had just gotten out of the shower and my mom sugested that we go get something to eat and rent a couple of video games and movies. naturally we were pretty happy and it almost made me forget that i would be sharing a bed with my little bed wetting brother( he was 9 so he has a small excuse).... anyway, we threw on a t shirt and some underwear , we were in a hurry because it was 10:45 and most restruants closed at 11' in that town. so we drove down to the neearest place possible.... Hardies'.

Got there just in time to get in one last order. Now this is were things get really funny.

The manager had left early for some reason , maybe a booty call , i don't know, and the only person person in charge was a asstant manager who looked about 17 or 18 to me ( i was 12 at the time and somehow i can remeber this) anyway, we were lucky enough to get there just in time before they closed up. The Asst. manager decided that he could cook one last batch of mashed potatos and chicken ( there were other poeple there but he took it apon him self to do it for us , such a nice guy...) anyway my mom brought everything back out to the car , except the chicken which was to much for her to carry alone and the fact that me and my brother didn't have shorts on meant that we couldn't all go in at once. So she comes out with the beans , mashed potatos , and gravy in hand and goes back in to get the chicken. Well about 30 seconds passs before i start to feel something hot on my leg, at first its just really warm but then it turns boiling hot! Well i was screaming at the top of my lungs because it hurt so much , but , unfortionately , i jumped out of the car trying to rub the boiling hot ooze of mashed potatos off of me( which i figured out later wasn't such a good idea becuase my had suffered second degree burns becuase of it ) and in the process... i made the bulk of the carton of potato spill on my little brother. Told you it was funny.... So we run into the restraunt screaming at the top of our lungs , with the skin on our legs ,litterally falling off the muscle and bleeding out on the freshly moped floor , it was closing time after all..... so to make a long story short , we went to the burn ward , had days of intensive surgury , sued the hell out of hardies ( though come to find out latter we really could have gotten millions of dollars but im not a greedy person so im not losing to much sleep over it) payed off out doctors bills and had enough to go to disney world , buy my mom a new 1997 edition toyota suv- fully loaded and sence my mom gets about 500 dollars extra a month( my moms annuitiy payments from the accedent) added on to the 2500 she curentely makes in property managment and i think that this story has a happy ending..... well then again i have a wierd scar on my hand that is a constant reminder of how stupid i was. Ah but things could be worse, i could have gotten burned on my face and hve acne and burn scars..... or i could have just not gotten burned , not gotten the money and not gotten the experience, come to think of it, im sorta gald i got burnt. Hmm, go figure unsure.gif

wow that would be an easy way to make cash

buy some hot mashed potatoes, bring it to the car, and slit the bottom of the container and burn yourself and pretend it was their fault

(im not saying you did this, im just stating something that popped into my mind)

For a truly objective opinion of whether or not you need scar revision, we'd need to see pictures! bb_wink.gif Nah seriously, if you think your those procedures would help your self-confidence, go for it. Better sooner than later.

If you have your heart set on China/Japan, then go for that too. But maybe wait a few years until one or two of your friends can afford to go with you without you paying their way? I don't know, maybe you have friends who can afford to go with you right now, but when I was 17, I didn't. Heck, I still don't. I know if I had that kind of money to throw around, I'd be more than happy to pay the way for a few friends, but believe me when I say that this will only breed resentment....

If I were you, I'd take a huge chunk (like 80%) of your money and reinvest it in something. Play with your money right, and by the time you're 30, you'll never need to work again (unless you want to...).

I dunno about giving money to your mom though. I mean, it's really thoughtful of you, but I'd be so absolutely disgusted with your mom if she accepted it. Maybe that's just me, though.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Guest Captain Chaos

Personally I'd put the money towards a house

but it's up to you..

first off , i was 12 when it happend. Second if I had been the age i am now and KNEW FOR A FACT, that i would have gotten the amount of money that i got for the accident.. then hell yes i would have slit open the bottom and burned myself ( and make shure that my little brother didn't get burnt - i really fucked that one up). Third , may have over exagerated how hidious the scar(s) was , the fact is that My scar heal up just fine over the years( im black , so coca butter helped turn my skin back to the brownish color it was) , but my little brother was not as lucky. His scar was the worst. see most of the pottatos got on his leg and slowly burned melted away the muscel in his leg. He can walk and run just fine , but a small chunk of his muscle had to be removed. Hes ok though, he can walk and run and do all the things he was doing before he got burnt. in fact he somehow ( well in fact none of my brothers) avoided the acne gene! Lucky Bastard! Anyway... that should answer your questions. Oh yea and have you seen a hardies menu in the 5 years? they took off the chinken and mashed potatos and beans and stuff becuase of what happened. Which is a shame becuase tht\ier chicken was better than KFC! IM Surprised that me and family didn't get get hate mail from the H.A.C.E.K ( that stands for the hungry ass chicken eaters KLUB - They are a divison of the KKK , hence the K in club).

bb_icon_rolleyes.gif

Hellio ) me nam if chritofo rodrigiise, me is a pruod gradeurt of da geouge W : bersh , scoool of speeich and wrriting, I garduated in tha toop O' my claas.\ , thankr  to mr Bershes excileter totering.

oh yeah , zha. What do you mean that you would be disgusted with my mom?

I understand what you mean in some ways then in some i don't.

So even if my mom says she doesn't wan't it , i have her bank account number so ill just transfer it there. And ill make shure she doesn't have mine so she can't transfer it back , simple! bb_eusa_think.gif

Hate to dissapoint you but 50,000 is not enough to start a successful games development company from scratch.

well , i won't be working alone , I'll find some poeple who wabt to start a company nad we will split the cost. anyway, i dn';t want to start off with a big money game or anything, i want to start of small. like a 2d fighting game or a 2d rpg or something for the pc.making a game doesn't cost as muc h ass you might think. It starts to run up in price when you start calling in , major voice talent , major musical artists and start trying to make your graphics compete with the likes of halo and such. I just want to start of small with a staff of 5 or 10 maybe. I wont be publishing the gamje my self so i wont have to worry about that cost and I already have mmorpg( 2d) gooing on right now. And while i didn't do to much of the programing , i did do some of the new character sprites and monster and city animations and i got payed a nice little sum of money for the work that i did. so, 50,000 should be more than enough to do what i want to do.

Who would publish it for you?

Would it be a game you distribute through the internet then? Like selling it for $10 a copy?

I suppose that would work, if you made something special it could get you noticed.

I thought you meant like starting a big company to compete with the latest games. wink.gif

well , think diablo . it was made by blizzard. And before that game came out no one knew who they were! but now they are one of the most respected gaming companies around. and every company has to start somewere. but more than likely im shure i get majesco or lo-Interactive to publish for me( even if its on a low scale). Honestly i just want to do what i know i would love to do.Hell , even if im only pulling 20,000 a year( the standard for a game designer is 50,000 , and thats at entry level!)As long as Im doing what i love ill be happy. I chose happness over money. But if i can have both then hell ill take it. Plus im young and don't plan on having kids anytime soon(well at all really...).

personally, i'd ditch the company and the surgery... goto amsterdam for 3 months.. and blow it all on drugs and strippers.

but thats just me.