Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zocor_40

Accutane Forum?

Seems to me that about 1/2 the posts in the perscription acne meds forum are dealing with accutane, which is great.... But since im not on accutane I find they get in the way of all the other posts.

Due to the high number of accutane posts and the high number of people seeking information about it would it be helpful to have its own forum in the Acne Medication Forums group? It might make it easier to access the information?

Just a thought...

I think it's a good idea too, then people who are on accutane know exactly where to look, and people on other perscriptions don't need to nit pick around the masses of accutane information.

I don't particularly care - but I am inclined to think that info about prescription medications should stay in one place...since people migrate from one med to another, and people with experience in one med typically have experience in the others.

Anyway Dan is the man who decides and actions these things...he kinda pops in and out atm since he is on the road. So you might all have to wait a few days for an answer. smile.gif

I tend to think that accutane information is better off staying in the 'prescription meds' forum. I think if we had a forum devoted solely to accutane, it might be in danger of going down the path of other message boards on the net which consist exclusively of horror stories about the drug, and such like. At the moment, accutane is treated as 'one of the prescription meds' as opposed to an entirely different thing, which i think is good - people can have good results with other prescription meds, and there are risks involved with these, too.

I pinned a topic enitled 'tips for accutane' in the prescription forum, which aims to provide a good deal of info on accutane.

I don't know - I expect Dan has thought about this in the past and come up with reasons not to make a forum solely for accutane. bb_eusa_think.gif

I tend to think that accutane information is better off staying in the 'prescription meds' forum. I think if we had a forum devoted solely to accutane, it might be in danger of going down the path of other message boards on the net which consist exclusively of horror stories about the drug, and such like.

Hey y'all. I actually hadn't thought of that, but since opinion seems evenly split, I think we should stick with status quo. There are already so many boards. I worry that too many boards will make the entire forum appear muddy. Still, I'm interested in opinions on this.

-Dan

how about making it a sticky at the top of the page. The first post should be a detailed one from a person who knows a lot about it, epxlaining the effects, sideffects, the like. Other posts can follow.

At least this way people interested on going on accutane dont have to search everywhere for info.

Edit: Bah didnt know there was alreayd one there laugh.gif Dumb me.

LOL! bb_icon_rolleyes.gifwink.gif

Although you do have a point - my pinned topic doesn't really explain about the drug as a whole, it just discusses tips to deal with the side effects. Maybe I could add a few links to other thread and information on the net to my thread. bb_eusa_think.gif

I like the idea of a sub-forum.

Hmm.

Rossignol,

If you could do that, and add in more general accutane info, that would be great. Please try to keep it free of bias, however. Just facts. Thanks,

Dan

OK Dan, I will do that as soon as I get a chance -

I'll keep it to links to info on the web and links to interesting threads on this site. No bias! wink.gif

Okay, update on this!

I added a whole load of information to the 'Tips for accutane users' pinned thread - I've made an FAQ compiled of all the questions I have seen pop up most frequently about accutane. Hopefully it will provide most of the information needed. I haven't been able to add any links yet, however, as the new board doesn't seem to be letting me do this.

Also, the font size '7' seems to no longer be available, so most of the thread looks a little strange at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to resolve this pretty soon.

I'm hoping to add some general summaries of the drug and some links to informative websites as soon as I can.

I'm afraid I may have made the FAQ sound overly negative, and possibly 'scary'. However, you can't get round the fact that accutane is an extremely potent drug, and it's better that people are made aware of the possible complications rather than going into taking it blindly, I feel.

If anyone has anything they want me to add, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

I responded to this topic before but my post was mysteriously deleted.

I think it's a good idea to have the faq up there but most new people don't even bother to look at it. Most don't even notice it's there. I think an accutane forum is a great idea because a lot of the threads in the 'prescriptions' forum are getting drowned out by all the accutane threads.