Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coleb

Do mosquito bites leave red marks (PHI) like acne does?

Posted

I got a massive mosquito bite on my face and I have my grad this week.

I really hope it doesn't leave PIH like acne does, because if I had a zit as big as this bite, I would have a red mark for months.

Any help is appreciated.

ATM im icing it and putting on hydrocortisone

Posted (edited)

Last last summer me and my friends went camping and we got lots of mosquito bites on our arms and some on our faces. They went away after about a week without leaving marks/PIH.

Try an oatmeal bath cause it works great for itchy skin.

Edited by Little Kid

Posted
Last last summer me and my friends went camping and we got lots of mosquito bites on our arms and some on our faces. They went away after about a week without leaving marks/PIH.

Try an oatmeal bath cause it works great for itchy skin.

Thanks a ton for the response mate!

Posted
I got a massive mosquito bite on my face and I have my grad this week.

I really hope it doesn't leave PIH like acne does, because if I had a zit as big as this bite, I would have a red mark for months.

Any help is appreciated.

ATM im icing it and putting on hydrocortisone

I've never had a mark left over from a skeeter bite that lasted longer than a couple of days. I figure it's because I don't put chemicals or anything on them, I just let them run their course.

Posted

hey all what works well for bug bites is just mix baking soda and water and put it on the bite for gnats and mosquitos it has helped me a lot and it certainly cant hurt you. Makes the swelling go down very fast.

When I went to Hawaii I got about 25 mosquito bites on my legs (fruity shaving gel, duh!). I wish Id known about this then!

SIllY me I forgot hawaii is tropical of course it has bugs (figured it was paradise haha):-P

Posted

I'm almost sure that a mosquito bite won't cause PIH unless you cause irritation or scratch at it.

Try to do something to soothe it such as an ice cube, and it will appear less red.