Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Balance Bird

Killling Candida and Acne, wit loads of coconut oil and fiber

Alright, so I have this crazy desperate idea to kill all the bad bacteria in my gut and body, and then maintain probiotic balance and a good diet, with loads of fiber.

Anyways does coconut oil, garlic, and other natural products also kill good bacteria?

I am going to just take about 25 tablespoons of coconut oil, right in the morning after drinking water, and then right at night before bed.

I also want to use garlic, but I am worried that it will kill good bacteria, there are rumours of this.

Also, won't bacteria grwo resistant to coconut oil, that would be terrible, but not if I take so much that it kills it fast.

I wanted to know, why people don't just consume a whole bottle of coconut oil out of desperation, surely someone has had this idea. And quite frankly I think it's mental, but I am desperate.

25 TABLEspoons of coconut oil? wow, that's a lot. i probably average 2 a day... i'd possibly throw up if I had to sit and eat all that...

25 TABLEspoons of coconut oil? wow, that's a lot. i probably average 2 a day... i'd possibly throw up if I had to sit and eat all that...

I love coconut oil, and if pinch my nose and swallow it whole, then chase it down with water, it's less tedious of a task. Clear skin is so worth it.

From poor diet, not enough fiber, and antibiotics my our bodies become sickkkkkk. In the islands, where I am from, coconut is a main ingrediant in everything, no wonder al my cousins and family have perfect skin, they also eat very very well.

25 though??? that's (roughly) 1.5 cups. That's overkill man :lol:

And it's probably about 100 calories per tablespoon like most oils so that'd be 2500 calories before any food is even eaten.

all that coconut oil, not a good idea, if you want kill bacteria use oregano oil, peppermint oil/caraway oil, and other bacteria(probiotics) as well as home made yogurt which contains lots of lactic acid which also kills bacteria. if you use a fiber supplement, take the probiotics simultaneously with the fiber, other wise some bad bacteria may be able to ferment it, the fiber alone will not be the total answer, focus on antibacterials to lower the total bacterial population, so that it then becomes easier mold it and shape it with probiotics and fiber. after you lower the total population, your probiotcs may be more effective, because they are more likely to survive when they have less to compete with. by taking probiotics simultaneously with the fiber, you improve their chances of survival as well, because the good bacteria will get to the fiber first and turn it into short chain fatty acids, as well as other beneficial substances.

here is one of my recent threads that has a link to a study which has demonstrated oregano oils wide bacterial killing spectrum, i have also located a study which compares it to streptomycin, and it is almost precisely as potent an antibiotic as streptomycin. you can take like 4-6 or so of these pills a day, or perhaps more, however your body responds of course.

i am aware of the antibacterial properties of coconut oil, but im not sure of its potentcy, plus it is alot of saturated fat, it could raise your ldl levels too high and start a blood clot to form. coconut oil is known to raise total cholesterol levels, ldl and hdl, but yes it does raise hdl a little more and it is a bit healthier then the other saturated fats, but since it raises total cholesterol, thats still a factor. and because its so much fat, its an unnatural practice, your gag reflex will let you know whats up.

there are safer, healthier and more effective ways to do this. there have been a decent amount of studies to prove the antibacterial properties of these oils, so you know its not a complete hogwash theory. good luck.

try these

http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-RegiMI...ules/11268?at=0

http://www.iherb.com/California-Natural-Wi...ules/27983?at=0

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

I love coconut oil, and if pinch my nose and swallow it whole, then chase it down with water, it's less tedious of a task. Clear skin is so worth it.

From poor diet, not enough fiber, and antibiotics my our bodies become sickkkkkk. In the islands, where I am from, coconut is a main ingrediant in everything, no wonder al my cousins and family have perfect skin, they also eat very very well.

supposedly the higher the saturated fat content of skin cells, leads to less wrinkles and better skin hydration. in the us, unsaturated fats are in almost every processed food made. the more corn oil and soybean oil you eat, with those low saturated fat foods may make you look older.

Not to mention you could experience serious die-off effects, depending on how potent the coconut oil is at killing bacteria. More is not better. Research Herxheimer reaction for more info.

all that coconut oil, not a good idea, if you want kill bacteria use oregano oil, peppermint oil/caraway oil, and other bacteria(probiotics) as well as home made yogurt which contains lots of lactic acid which also kills bacteria. if you use a fiber supplement, take the probiotics simultaneously with the fiber, other wise some bad bacteria may be able to ferment it, the fiber alone will not be the total answer, focus on antibacterials to lower the total bacterial population, so that it then becomes easier mold it and shape it with probiotics and fiber. after you lower the total population, your probiotcs may be more effective, because they are more likely to survive when they have less to compete with. by taking probiotics simultaneously with the fiber, you improve their chances of survival as well, because the good bacteria will get to the fiber first and turn it into short chain fatty acids, as well as other beneficial substances.

here is one of my recent threads that has a link to a study which has demonstrated oregano oils wide bacterial killing spectrum, i have also located a study which compares it to streptomycin, and it is almost precisely as potent an antibiotic as streptomycin. you can take like 4-6 or so of these pills a day, or perhaps more, however your body responds of course.

i am aware of the antibacterial properties of coconut oil, but im not sure of its potentcy, plus it is alot of saturated fat, it could raise your ldl levels too high and start a blood clot to form. coconut oil is known to raise total cholesterol levels, ldl and hdl, but yes it does raise hdl a little more and it is a bit healthier then the other saturated fats, but since it raises total cholesterol, thats still a factor. and because its so much fat, its an unnatural practice, your gag reflex will let you know whats up.

there are safer, healthier and more effective ways to do this. there have been a decent amount of studies to prove the antibacterial properties of these oils, so you know its not a complete hogwash theory. good luck.

Thank you so much for all the info on those oils and such! Do those oils kill good bacteria also? If they do kill good bacteria, I don't see the point in taking them because like antibiotics they would kill everythingggg. Anyways, I can never find these oils at my groceryyyy. The pure virgin coconut oil I get is really great.

try these

Thank you so much for all the info on those oils and such! Do those oils kill good bacteria also? If they do kill good bacteria, I don't see the point in taking them because like antibiotics they would kill everythingggg. Anyways, I can never find these oils at my groceryyyy. The pure virgin coconut oil I get is really great.

try these

oregano has been shown to inhibit the growth of good bacteria and bad.

peppermint oil doesnt seem to affect some good bacteria and only inhibits the bad similar to caraway oil, or basil, or rosemary. so you "might" be able to use them everyday long term, at the same time as probiotics. but since there isnt THAT much science existing on theis topic and for this particular use, better limit all the oils to short term use. but for the most part we have been consuming this stuff in our food for thousands of years perhaps, but its in a different form, so still be cautious.

oregano oil, should only be used short term, and not to be used simultaneously with any probiotics you have purchased, but its fine to use it simultaneously with yogurt, because yogurt is inexpensive if you make it yourself.

using oregano oil shouldnt be a problem if you start probiotics right after, but if you want to be super cautious, then stick with the peppermint caraway supplement regemint. the required dosages im not really sure of, you may try just starting off taking like three pills, and raise the dosage slowly until you have noticed any beneficial effect, or stop when you notice ANY side effects, then you can get some idea of where you should be.

also, if you are eating foods with a decent amount of soluble fiber in it, that may feed the good to keep them up while you are on oregano oil, but do not take too much soluble fiber as some bad bacteria can utilize this, this might calm your fears about the possibility of wiping out all the bad with oregano oil.

good luck.

try these

peppermint oil doesnt seem to affect some good bacteria and only inhibits the bad similar to caraway oil, or basil, or rosemary. so you "might" be able to use them everyday long term, at the same time as probiotics. but since there isnt THAT much science existing on theis topic and for this particular use, better limit all the oils to short term use. but for the most part we have been consuming this stuff in our food for thousands of years perhaps, but its in a different form, so still be cautious.

oregano oil, should only be used short term, and not to be used simultaneously with any probiotics you have purchased, but its fine to use it simultaneously with yogurt, because yogurt is inexpensive if you make it yourself.

using oregano oil shouldnt be a problem if you start probiotics right after, but if you want to be super cautious, then stick with the peppermint caraway supplement regemint. the required dosages im not really sure of, you may try just starting off taking like three pills, and raise the dosage slowly until you have noticed any beneficial effect, or stop when you notice ANY side effects, then you can get some idea of where you should be.

also, if you are eating foods with a decent amount of soluble fiber in it, that may feed the good to keep them up while you are on oregano oil, but do not take too much soluble fiber as some bad bacteria can utilize this, this might calm your fears about the possibility of wiping out all the bad with oregano oil.

good luck.

Oh, you are just lovely!!! Yes, 25 tablespoons is mental, I can barely get down 12. So, I fI go to the store I will search for these oils, but I doubt I will find them. Coconut oil is all I can find. I do eat kefir and greek yogurt for the probiotics, but I need this acne and candida, and leaky gut fixed/gone. The scarrign is getting pretty bad.

How is your acne my dear friend?

try these

good luck.

Oh, you are just lovely!!! Yes, 25 tablespoons is mental, I can barely get down 12. So, I fI go to the store I will search for these oils, but I doubt I will find them. Coconut oil is all I can find. I do eat kefir and greek yogurt for the probiotics, but I need this acne and candida, and leaky gut fixed/gone. The scarrign is getting pretty bad.

How is your acne my dear friend?

its decent. no face hiding, no antisocial activity or extreme social anxiety, but could be better.

I have been dabbling with all these things over the past two years, occasionally getting very good results, but i have not truly understood all the latest science and nature of the bacteria in the intestine and exactly how you could influence these things, and i have not stayed consistent, but i really think i understand what is going on down there now, and the tools are available to me to implement a close to scientific regimen as possible. I have been inconsistent with making my own yogurt, but now i am dedicated to getting it down and sticking to it. I do believe my greatest results will soon be illicited at will rather then by accident and be lasting.

I took about 5 tablespoons of coconut oil, with garlic, and apple cider vinegar. I woke up feeling a bit nauseous, like I did when doing a liver flush long long ago. It must be from the body handling the oil, or is it die off?

Doesn't apple cider vinegar kill bad microbes, but not good ones? I would rather up my intake of that, rather than coconut oil. The coconut oil is hard to get down I must admit, I don't like its texture, but if it's going to cure me, then I must.

Those of us that have candida, probably have leaky gut as well. I am going to find out how to kill these both.

I took about 5 tablespoons of coconut oil, with garlic, and apple cider vinegar. I woke up feeling a bit nauseous, like I did when doing a liver flush long long ago. It must be from the body handling the oil, or is it die off?

Doesn't apple cider vinegar kill bad microbes, but not good ones? I would rather up my intake of that, rather than coconut oil. The coconut oil is hard to get down I must admit, I don't like its texture, but if it's going to cure me, then I must.

Those of us that have candida, probably have leaky gut as well. I am going to find out how to kill these both.

there may be no real way to confirm whether it was die off or whatever else effect it had. anything you do to improve your well being and health should make you feel better, not worse, its good to stick to that philosophy, because that is the only real intention of this whole issue, to feel better and look better.

apple cider vinegar, from what i have read does inhibit bad bacteria and doesnt seem to affect the good, as it is naturally produced from the bacteria in your intestines from fiber. apple cider vinegar is very high in acetic acid, which is a short chain fatty acid, a product of bacterial fermentation. the three main short chain fatty acids produced by good bacteria in the intestine are acetic, lactic, and butyric acids. all these compounds are utilized in some way by the intestinal cells, they play roles in motility/peristalsis and also intestinal barrier function, or rather how well the intestine keeps out the bad stuff like whole bacteria, toxins and undigested food particles. when there is some disruption in intestinal permeability or barrier function, that is what people are referring to the problem of leaky gut.

the only thing you may need to know about acetic acid, is that it is used to experimentally induce colitis in animal studies, colitis is inflammation of the intestinal lining, and acetic acids method of action seems to be a disruption in barrier function, or in high amounts it makes the intestinal lining more permeable, which is a bad thing and that would allow the inflammation process to be activated as it trys to heal itself or attacks foreign invaders. In other words taking acetic acid as a supplement, may contribute to intestinal permeability, which is not a good thing. but at the same time, it may be able to enhance motility which would contribute to regularity, and also, may have antibacterial affects. it all depends on how much you take i guess, but it may be better to let the bacteria in you gut decide at what proportions and quantitys these sfca's are fermented, there is probably some natural regulatory process that controls the amount of acetic acid that is created, by ingesting already fermented acetic acid you may be bypassing this regulatory process. so it probably benefical in low amounts. i have no idea what that amount would be.

lactic acid made from lactobacilli bacteria from yogurt may be a better choice for an antibacterial effect, but you might be able to use both. if you make your own yogurt, you can ferment it for a long time and allow very high levels or bacteria and lactic acid, much higher then a commercial product.

You guys are right, I don't love coconut oil that much at all, it's consistency is foul and nasty!!! Nasty!!! Anyways, I do however, can stomach tons of garlic.

I am going to do 25 bulbs of garlic a day, I just crush it up, and then drink it with water.

I am going to only eat peppers, callaloo, and garlic until Friday and we will see the results.

Callaloo----> http://www.food.com/recipe/callaloo-trinidad-197451

Why don't people stomach more raw garlic?

It doesn't hurt good bacteria-----> http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=284726#i

Edited by Crystaltheparislover

so the magic number is 25 hey?

25 tablespoons of coconut oil.

now 25 bulbs of garlic a day.

where exactly are you coming up with this stuff?

Out of my hopes and dreams. What can I say? I like the number 25.

Out of my hopes and dreams. What can I say? I like the number 25.

oh my god thats hilarious!!

good luck.

Thanks for the info of callaloo. I'm always on the search for new greenes' dish, as I'm nearly unable to stomach them in any raw, or semi-raw form... Simply hate the taste :rolleyes:

And I must tell I'm quite interested in ethnic cuisines, still it's the first time I came across this recipe, so thanks!

Thanks for the info of callaloo. I'm always on the search for new greenes' dish, as I'm nearly unable to stomach them in any raw, or semi-raw form... Simply hate the taste :rolleyes:

And I must tell I'm quite interested in ethnic cuisines, still it's the first time I came across this recipe, so thanks!

Oh, my pleasure love!!! It's simply the best thing in the world! I would eat it in the bucket loads when I was little. I mean two full bags of spinach go in 2 days! And when we eat one measly salad we think that's enough, it's surely not. We have tricked ourselves into eating healthy things that don't taste divine, so we simply eat some but not enough, which is just as bad. I wonder if that makes any sense. I hope so.

It's a great way to eat really really healthy, and get loads of nutrients, enough of them, not too little!

I am straying clear of meat that is not proven to be non injected or corrupted.

Watch Food Inc--------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppL_UuN73Fc

I've just about posted it in every post now. It's truly amazing. America lies, America lies with food industries. No wonder acne is on the rise, no wonder obesity! Shame on America!

I found a great sardine dish. I feel safe with fish, how can they corrupt that so severely? I bet someone will prove me wrong with the fish, but for now I feel content.

Recipe for sardines--------http://www.crownprince.com/recipes-broiled-sardines-vinaigrette.htm

I use apple cider vinegar instead, marinate them in this yummy sauce, I chop up one onion and put it with the marinating, then I bake them. Can add a squeeze of fresh lemon! Divine!

Tell me how you liked the calallo!!

I'm not watching it ;p It might be too distressing for me, and I don't eat red meat anyways, only fish and poultry, being mostly chickens and hans bred in the adjacent chicken corrals. So hopefully I'm safe ;p

But yeah, knowing all that I've learned about mass-farming, pharmaceutical industry, and lobbies vs governement seriously concerns me. In USA you at least have some sort of awareness (manifesting itself in mass culture, as I've noticed for example in 'Love and Other Drugs', or one of the episodes of How I Met Your Mother where "Barney is excited to see that she and all her friends are pharmaceutical representatives, which he calls the "hot-chick" profession of their generation (like the nurse or stewardess was in the past). He hooks up with several of them, before meeting a particularly plain rep, declaring the era of the "hot pharma girl" over.", concerning the Pharmaceutical Industry) but again it's played out to the stage of mockery and effects in insensibility and lack of concern.

On the other hand in Poland people seem to believe that every employee of, let's say, Åaciate Mleko http://fotos1.e-grajewo.pl/13520/13520_1_1294868720.jpg has it's own cow, for whose wellbeing and everyday milking he's solely responsible. I believe it's due to the deeply rooted archetypes we all, as an agricultural nation, have. People don't contradict them unless they're forced to. Such movies should be widely available and popularized.

too bad twenty years later nothing changed. All she was speaking about only progressed.

Hello Miss, Your strategy works - this is exactly what I'm currently doing BUT DONT overdose on things! If you kill bacteria that quickly you could get a horrendous "die off" reaction and feel very very ill...

I have used those things too before also with great results (the only reason I am back is because I tried a high fruit diet and ruined 6 months of hard work) but not in such vast amounts. High doses like that will do more harm than good..

All I will suggest to you, is that you eliminate the fruits (if you're talking about cystic acne that is, else you might be fine) and eat small portions often. The thing with coconut oil is to use it consistently, the amount need not be huge. I sell that actually so if you want some cheap let me know ;)